Power Button

NismoZ

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
My wifes power button stopped working today. We got these GS2s when they first came out on Sprint. The only way to get the screen to come on is to plug it in, or answer a text or call when the screen automatically comes on.

Is there any way to fix this issue? We are waiting for the GS5 to come out before we get new phones, so I need to try and make this last for a few more months.

NismoZ

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
A similar app called Gravity Screen worked great and is really a nice app in general. Thanks for the suggestion.

Jesse Duenas

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I finally found a solution to the power button not working.... For 2 months straight I have been using the app "Gravity Screen", until I figured, why don't I just open it and see whats wrong... any how I proceeded to open the back cover to expose the circuit board, there where a couple copper contact springs pushed down... so all i did was lift them up.. and guess what??? My power button started working like new again!!!I attached a pic of what these little copper things are.. hope this work for all good luck ( power button stopped working after it fell)1000x1000.jpg