Water damage question?
I know there are a ton of these threads but noone ever replies. My wife left her phone in the washer and its obvious what happen. Im tring to get it fired up just to retrive pics it had no sd card.
I took out the battery and total dissasembled it. Yes I know about rice but we are beyond that now. I found I nextel in a river cracked it open sprayed everything with tuner cleane let it sit for a day and it fiered up. But I have no rice or tuner cleaner. What are your thoughts on alchol and baking soda?
Sent from my Galaxy 3 Tab with Tapatalk.
- 03-02-2014, 06:24 AM #2
Re: Water damage question?
You can try ransacking your house for silica gel packets. They are the small packets that come with medicines, new shoes etc. Just put your phone in a bag with them and let them soak up all the moisture.
There is another way that involves wrapping your phone in paper towels and putting it in the freezer for 10-20 mins. Of course, this method may only be used as a last resort as when the frozen water thaws, you will have the same problem of a shorted out phone on your hands again.
As for alcohol, well yes rinsing your phone with alcohol will make the water dissolve in it but be aware of what alochol you are using, I suggest Isopropyl alcohol (commonly known as rubbing alcohol) for this purpose. Even though the alcohol is an insulator, I still have no idea how it may react with your phone's screen.
- By rvgraham in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 2Last Post: 03-03-2014, 01:58 PM
- By bennyscuba in forum Misc. Android TabletsReplies: 4Last Post: 03-02-2014, 02:09 PM
- By Ion_NotePro in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2Replies: 3Last Post: 03-01-2014, 01:39 PM
- By Sassi666 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 0Last Post: 03-01-2014, 08:20 AM
- By StayingAlert in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 5Last Post: 03-01-2014, 12:23 AM