Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Is it possible to put back "stock" ROM without unrooting?

I have an issue that is bothering me a bit. My SPH-D710 is rooted and using a custom ROM running 4.4.2. However, my 3G/Data is not working and I don't really like it anyways.
    Is there a way to remove that custom ROM and go back to my old GB27 4.1.2 without losing root privileges? Just to get back my data connections.

If not, I plan to unroot then re-root again. But will unrooting it also lose the carrier flash? (Sprint Galaxy S2 flashed to Boost Mobile)

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

Default Re: Is it possible to put back "stock" ROM without unrooting?

You can always flash the stock ROM with root. Rillocos thread should have it or just Google GB27 stock ROM zip

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch running CyanogenMod 10
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

Did you not make a Nandroid backup in Recovery before flashing to 4.4.2? If so, that's the easiest way to get back to where you were. --- Side Note: I moved from Rooted Stock GB27 Jellybean to the CM11 Villuminati Kit-Kat 4.4.2 ROM about a month ago and could not be happier! I'm not sure which ROM and/or 4.4.2 version you're running, but you might want to check out this ROM. I suggest you review my recent post on the subject and consider giving it a try before heading back to Jellybean. Kit-Kat is much better with the limited resources (RAM/Processor) on the E4GT and as a result, my phone is running smoother, faster, and better than ever with great battery life.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...-its-true.html
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks so much! It did unroot, but I'll root it again, and it will be good as new!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by drk65 View Post
    Did you not make a Nandroid backup in Recovery before flashing to 4.4.2? If so, that's the easiest way to get back to where you were. --- Side Note: I moved from Rooted Stock GB27 Jellybean to the CM11 Villuminati Kit-Kat 4.4.2 ROM about a month ago and could not be happier! I'm not sure which ROM and/or 4.4.2 version you're running, but you might want to check out this ROM. I suggest you review my recent post on the subject and consider giving it a try before heading back to Jellybean. Kit-Kat is much better with the limited resources (RAM/Processor) on the E4GT and as a result, my phone is running smoother, faster, and better than ever with great battery life.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...-its-true.html
    I liked that same 4.4.2 ROM but I had problems receiving data when not connected to wifi and a few other things (personal tastes I guess) but overall it's really great! And no I didn't create a Nandroid backup, I read about it literally like 5 minutes after flashing the other ROM. Now I know. Thanks again!!
    Thanked by:
    drk65