ROMs for flashed E4GT

Leonel Funes

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I have a flashed Sprint S2 flashed to boost mobile, and I'm looking for custom ROMs, preferably if they run as close to stock android 4.2 Jelly Bean or above (I have 4.1 since day one of rolling out the official update.) I tried the CyanogenMod ROM that has 4.4, but mobile data wouldn't work (3G/4G). Is there something I can flash on the phone that has functioning data, calls, wifi and is stable for my Sprint to Boost Mobile S2?

drk65

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a flashed Sprint S2 flashed to boost mobile, and I'm looking for custom ROMs, preferably if they run as close to stock android 4.2 Jelly Bean or above (I have 4.1 since day one of rolling out the official update.) I tried the CyanogenMod ROM that has 4.4, but mobile data wouldn't work (3G/4G). Is there something I can flash on the phone that has functioning data, calls, wifi and is stable for my Sprint to Boost Mobile S2?

While I'm on Sprint, I've been running the CM11 Villuminati 4.4.2 ROM successfully (with 3G data) for 2 months. I've closely followed the XDA forum on the subject and have even posted threads about it here in this forum. I've seen many Boost users successfully running this great ROM with 3G Data working. I found the key is to stick with the January 12th build of the ROM. Versions before and after that one have experienced 3G data issues.

If you don't want to try that ROM again (which is far superior in every way for this phone), your next best bet is to flash the Boost variant of the Stock-Rooted GB27 (Sprint) ROM for the E4GT, which is a super-simple Odin One-Click install. I think (but not sure) the Boost version may be referred to as GB28. There are posts in both this forum and on XDA that will run you through the process and options. That will give you Jelly Bean 4.1 (I believe... it's been a while). That is a good stable ROM... better than anything I ran before that... but the CM11 ROM is far superior in performance, stability, and battery longevity. --- Good Luck!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Problem with this sort of situation....yes the OP is on Boost, but the phone is still Sprint (but operating on Boost bands). And flashing that Boost ROM may brick the device.

drk65

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I flashed that Villuminati ROM already but 3G didn't work. If there's a fix for that I'll definitely go back to it

I've been running (and sticking with) the January 12th build of that ROM and have had zero problems with 3G data. When I tried the latest version (late March), I lost 3G data. Back to January 12th build and all is well. --- Keep in mind that I'm on Sprint, but I think I recall Boost and Virgin Mobile users saying they had working data, as well. You should read through the original XDA forum thread.

Leonel Funes

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I've been running (and sticking with) the January 12th build of that ROM and have had zero problems with 3G data. When I tried the latest version (late March), I lost 3G data. Back to January 12th build and all is well. --- Keep in mind that I'm on Sprint, but I think I recall Boost and Virgin Mobile users saying they had working data, as well. You should read through the original XDA forum thread.

Ok, so I used the Jan 12 build, and 3G is up and running. Definitely good. However, now I can't send MMS messages with neither the stock messaging app nor hangouts as my messenger. Is there another app I can install to fix that or something?

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Try either Textra or 8SMS. I've heard people saying they have gotten it working by using one of those apps and manually entering their APNS in the app's settings.

Leonel Funes

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Try either Textra or 8SMS. I've heard people saying they have gotten it working by using one of those apps and manually entering their APNS in the app's settings.

I downloaded 8SMS, made it my default messaging app and automatically sent my unsent messages. Works like a charm...

So I guess my E4GT is FINALLY updated to 4.4.2! Got everything I need and more. Thanks everyone!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith