Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default G2 not booting up

I apologize in advanced for my lack of technical jargon knowledge. At any rate, yesterday afternoon I noticed my phone had turned off by itself. When I pressed the power button the unit started turning on but once the "Samsung Galaxy II" screen came out (before the 4G screen), the unit powered down again. The battery was way over 75% charged. I have done a hard reset but it is still not turning on. I am with Sprint and the first question out of their mouth was "Have you had this phone for over a year?"; which means "sorry, you're screwed"...

I can't afford to get another phone or to early terminate my contract. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Global Posts
    7,710 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Default Re: G2 not booting up

Quote Originally Posted by LUIS PALAU View Post
    I apologize in advanced for my lack of technical jargon knowledge. At any rate, yesterday afternoon I noticed my phone had turned off by itself. When I pressed the power button the unit started turning on but once the "Samsung Galaxy II" screen came out (before the 4G screen), the unit powered down again. The battery was way over 75% charged. I have done a hard reset but it is still not turning on. I am with Sprint and the first question out of their mouth was "Have you had this phone for over a year?"; which means "sorry, you're screwed"...

I can't afford to get another phone or to early terminate my contract. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Sounds like it may be the battery. I was reading about someone else having a similar issue and it was their battery.Have you tried taking your battery out and spin it on a flat surface. If it spins rather easily you probably have a bulging battery and need a new one.

Thats my first guess especially since you already did the reset