Sprint Galaxy S2 going to have 4G?

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
We don't even know if its coming for sure and your asking about 4g

haha

Well we do know that it is coming, it's called the Within and was confirmed by reps at Samsung. Release date? 4G? Those are things we do not know. We should know when the beginning of July hits. Once it passes through the FCC we can be more clear.

Reactions: DroidATX

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Sprint's Q3 roadmap, summarized on this site's news today said ...

"Next up, a full-touch 4G device from Samsung -- details here are lacking but given that the Samsung Within aka Samsung Galaxy S II fits this description nicely it'd come as now surprise if that's exactly what it was when it gets an official announcement."

Given this and the comments above, I'd say it's almost a sure thing that it'll be 4G.

Reactions: DroidATX

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
It would only make sense that the Within would have 4G but to be realistic- my Epic has 4G and I can barely use it due to poor coverage. I am usually stuck surfing on the go with regular 3g. I bet most of the nation is in the same boat.

I prefer to log into my home's Wifi...

ZDriver

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
It would only make sense that the Within would have 4G but to be realistic- my Epic has 4G and I cain barely use it due to poor coverage. I am usually stuck surfing on the go with regular 3g. I bet most of the nation is in the same boat.

I get full bars of 4g at work, and check into wifi at home. I tell you what 4g is very fast!...

May 16, 2011
Visit site
i remember reading a post somewhere and somebody said Within=Wi(max)Thin.

even if that wasnt the case, i cant imagine sprint would release this phone without 4g, and maybe that is one of the reasons its taking so long.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
i remember reading a post somewhere and somebody said Within=Wi(max)Thin.

even if that wasnt the case, i cant imagine sprint would release this phone without 4g, and maybe that is one of the reasons its taking so long.

That's clever haha. But I can't imagine why Sprint wouldn't put wimax in this phone, considering that the average consumer are like: 4G is good!!!

Me, personally, don't care enough about 4G yet until it gets nationwide, not in little pockets of the U.S.

johnkim575

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Even though I don't use all the horse power in my BMW 100% of the time, I like to push the gas when I safely can. That's the way I feel about 4g service and this phone has to have it or I will feel like I will be going backwards technologically.

graffix31

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
That's clever haha. But I can't imagine why Sprint wouldn't put wimax in this phone, considering that the average consumer are like: 4G is good!!!

Me, personally, don't care enough about 4G yet until it gets nationwide, not in little pockets of the U.S.

i def. agree with you about 4g. i live near boston so i might get to use it and from what ive been told its pretty amazing. but if we are getting hit for an extra 10 bucks to activate a new phone because of 4g then i want a phone that can use it if and when i get in a area that has it.

7starmarc

May 22, 2011
Visit site