So if you don't like the plastic back... here's a metal one!!! :D

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Just like the title says.
I received a email from eforchina.com (good quality stuff by the way) and they are selling metal replacement battery covers! And they look awesome! And the best part....... THEY COME IN DIFFERENT COLORS!!!!
I believe it says for international version but I keep hearing that the dimensions are the same for U.S. version so they should fit. So yeah. Stop complaining now :D

Here's just a few of the colors:
42574597-2c11-7340.jpg
42574597-2bf5-ce57.jpg
42574597-2c26-b44e.jpg
42574597-2c3d-d9b2.jpg
42574597-2c55-a8af.jpg
42574597-2c69-2d89.jpg

Here's where you can buy it:
http://www.eforchina.com/list/2218/Galaxy-S-III---i9300.htm

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

*Edit* updated link to show list of all the replacement battery covers for the GSIII

Last edited:

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: So if you don't like the plastic back... here's a metal one!!

Just checked out the site--they've got a well of goodies!!! I personally like the different colored leather pouches. At one time all my pouches came from Fortte.....love their stuff as well.

kronium

May 3, 2010
Visit site

Why would you want to mess with your reception? Any kind of metal in close proximity to your phone will degrade your signal to some degree.

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

Why would you want to mess with your reception? Any kind of metal in close proximity to your phone will degrade your signal to some degree.

Honestly, no one knows what impact; if any a metal back would have. I'll try one for myself and if it should happen to degrade my signal, I can always switch back. I mean, the backs are a cheap price and it's not as though anyone is going to instantly throw their original away.

Reactions: vincentallen2

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I've only used the NFC function on my Nexus S 4G when I either got free money through Google wallet or replaced my phone because you get another $10. I think these are perfect for the "not-so" casual user, like myself :cool: I also think a white GSIII with the chrome bezel and silver metal backing is just sexy.

Plus, when the GSIII was announced, all I read from angry Android users were "Gaarr! Its made of cheap plastic! Gaaar!" "Even though the evo lte and the GSIII are made of the same material, the evo is built better! Gaaar!" "It should have more metal like the Evo lte! Fail on Samsungs part! Gaaar!"

An now that we found a metal alternative for those same users, they're now complaining because of NFC! Lmao! When are we ever going to be satisfied! (And yes, when people complain, I read them as if they're pirates) :D

Reactions: ScandaLeX

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Not gonna lie but that looks sick has anyone used this site so we don't get ripped off.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Not gonna lie but that looks sick has anyone used this site so we don't get ripped off.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I've used this site to buy beats by Dre studios(fake of course). They're a very legit site, and all they're products are high quality for a cheap price. I'd really recommended eforchina.com to anyone. :)

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I've only used the NFC function on my Nexus S 4G when I either got free money through Google wallet or replaced my phone because you get another $10. I think these are perfect for the "not-so" casual user, like myself :cool: I also think a white GSIII with the chrome bezel and silver metal backing is just sexy.

Plus, when the GSIII was announced, all I read from angry Android users were "Gaarr! Its made of cheap plastic! Gaaar!" "Even though the evo lte and the GSIII are made of the same material, the evo is built better! Gaaar!" "It should have more metal like the Evo lte! Fail on Samsungs part! Gaaar!"

An now that we found a metal alternative for those same users, they're now complaining because of NFC! Lmao! When are we ever going to be satisfied! (And yes, when people complain, I read them as if they're pirates) :D

The evo lte is made of aluminum. The Hox is made from the same plastic

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

jk175d

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

from looking at that website, I'm not so sure these aren't also made of plastic with a "metallic" finish. There is nowhere that they actually say they are made of metal. I guess one of you who bought one can confirm one way or the other.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

Sorry for going off topic but reading this made me realize that I don't use "Gaaar" enough in real life conversations. I will try to use it as often as possible from now on. :p

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for going off topic but reading this made me realize that I don't use "Gaaar" enough in real life conversations. I will try to use it as often as possible from now on. :p

Lmao! Yeah everyone should pirate out sometime. It helps stress levels stay low and keeps you from throwing your sprint phone over the plank. Just be weary of scurvy.... :)

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

If you've ever owned a Samsung device, you'll know the following is a general statement but pretty accurate.

Samsung has pretty bad radios. The NS4G, the galaxy nexus, there are plenty of threads in the forums about it. Thats not a dig at sammy but a precursor to: I would never cover a samsung radio with metal as any degradation to an already degraded connection results in poor user experience and terribly juice drain.

Again, not a bash of Sammy because all OEMs have flaws. Moto has the best radios in the world, but hates their users ... well users like all of us on the forums :p. HTC makes well rounded devices, but design and build flaws are common and lately their wifi radios seem to really be taking a hit. LG is solid but can't release a phone with all the bells and whistles ... they take out something cool on every phone oddly it seems (great processor but not top of the line screen, thats in their other phone with a weaker processor)

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

LG is solid but can't release a phone with all the bells and whistles ... they take out something cool on every phone oddly it seems (great processor but not top of the line screen, thats in their other phone with a weaker processor)

I have been hoping for a high-end lg phone on Sprint for quite some time (ever since I got hooked with my optimus s using your thundeROM...Its still my fave..thanks again BTW)...maybe THIS will be a bit more promising then the Marquee.

On a separate note, I've noticed you hanging around the Sprint Galaxy S3 forums....is there a future S3 thundeROM possible?!

That would be awesome...just sayin'

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

I have been hoping for a high-end lg phone on Sprint for quite some time (ever since I got hooked with my optimus s using your thundeROM...Its still my fave..thanks again BTW)...maybe THIS will be a bit more promising then the Marquee.

On a separate note, I've noticed you hanging around the Sprint Galaxy S3 forums....is there a future S3 thundeROM possible?!

That would be awesome...just sayin'

That is the phone LG needed a year ago. It's a beast, it's cutting edge, there aren't sacrifices. When i saw that i got excited and who knows, maybe I'll pick it up when it launches.

I don't currently own or maintain any public work right now. There are personal factors involved but bottom line is i just needed to rest my brain lol. I was balls to the wall developing for a looooong time and it took it's toll. I'm glad you enjoyed thunder and the ROM and it's users are a highlight for me, but i dont see me maintaining anything in the future. I still belong to the development team, team hydro and still play around from time to time, but creating and supporting something publicly, especially after how overwhelming ThundeROM was :confused:, is more energy and time then i currently have.

I'm certainly thinking about picking of the GS3 but I'm still teetering as a result of my past experiences with Samsung phone radios and their performance. Who knows, maybe I'll be using your work soon :D

Reactions: hoovhartid

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

I could be wrong but I believe those are hard plastic covers that give you a brushed aluminum finished look. The cases were are getting look exactly like those and have a white plastic back It also says metal brushed process. Maybe they used metal paint?

The NFC is on the back cover or the battery?
If the case is made of plastic then the NFC should not have any issues. I hope :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital