Car Mount

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I ordered THIS ONE..it was on sale for $11.01.

I'll report back when i get it..
....and the phone:'(

others looked like they may not be able to hold the phone if it has a case on it...so I got this because it was a bit more universal.

I'm not sure what I want for... or if... I want a case on it yet

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I used to think car mounts were silly and served no purpose. I toss my phone on the seat next to me or in a cup holder and never touch it again until im done driving. I purchased a generic holder just for Ss n Gs and it confirmed my thought.

When i got my photon i decided to buy the OEM car dock and that has completely changed my mind. OEMs usually have a proprietary car home UI, which people can launch when in the car. But if you buy an OEM dock, in the case of moto, the dock auto launches car home UI. To add even more function i setup a tasker profile that when it detects car home, it turns on bluetooth and launches iheartradio. It's seemless and smooth. If an OEM dock offers added function like the moto dock did, I'll be sticking with OEM. Anyone can make a NFC tag to fix this so any dock would launch it but what a PITA.

The downfall being OEM docks are device specific so a new device means a new dock but 2 years is a good run for a $30-$50 purchase. Also i learned that some companies can get OEM accessories prior to them being put in retail packaging, selling them at a significant savings when you buy simply because the accessory is in a manufacturer bag and not a retail box. I picked up my HD dock and car dock like this and their combined cost with shipping was less than the hd dock MSRP alone and both were 100% brand new no issues.

One company that does this is incredicell but use them with caution or search alternatives because last i heard their checkout/transaction process wasn't secured.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Car docks are cool if you use them. We have them and also tablet mounts but they move very slowly. I have a Clingo mount in the car but with my cases I am unable to use it. If I do it dirties the case (white) all up. But i would like if they make one or when they make one a home/desk top dock. I would love o come home and connect my phone to the dock then run it on a big screen with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

the Mount **hoovhartid** ordered we have so I will try that one out.

Since my Car radio does not have bluetooth connection i would love to find a AUX Bluetooth plug so can connect wirelessly when i stream music.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Car docks are cool if you use them. We have them and also tablet mounts but they move very slowly. I have a Clingo mount in the car but with my cases I am unable to use it. If I do it dirties the case (white) all up. But i would like if they make one or when they make one a home/desk top dock. I would love o come home and connect my phone to the dock then run it on a big screen with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

the Mount **hoovhartid** ordered we have so I will try that one out.

Since my Car radio does not have bluetooth connection i would love to find a AUX Bluetooth plug so can connect wirelessly when i stream music.

For s streaming solution for cars without bluetooth or aux i use the rokr t505 and love it. Phil loves it too. But if your car has aux in, without question go 3.5mm to 3.5mm aux cable simply for the improved audio quality compared to wireless streaming solutions. Wireless does the trick but never provide as good of audio quality compared to wired solutions, at least to me anyway.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I do use it wired but l would like to just connect it through bluetooth or NFC? Can I use a Tile from samsung to play music?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I do use it wired but l would like to just connect it through bluetooth or NFC? Can I use a Tile from samsung to play music?

No NFC is used to initiate a function. You could use a textile to turn on Bluetooth and launch a media player, but streaming would happen over Bluetooth

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a Mountek nGroove MT5000 CD/DVD Slot Car Mount

61A7xR3hU-L.jpg

I will slap a NFC tag on it and have it turn on BT and setup the phone for "Driving Mode".

xxINFIDELxx

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Awesome, I'm using the Infuse cardock for my E4GT GS2. I kind of want to get something where I don't have to keep popping the case off to mount the devise. I use mine for work traveling between jobsites. This will work for now.

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Just saw this on YouTube. The Samsung Infuse 4G Car Dock works for the GS3. Looks like it will only work with no case.

The Samsung Infuse 4g Car Dock will put the GS3 into car mode too. I ma very excited about this option as this is the same that I had with GS Epic and GS 4g and loved it.

Check out the video: Galaxy S3 fits Infuse 4G Car Dock - YouTube

Awesome, I'm using the Infuse cardock for my E4GT GS2. I kind of want to get something where I don't have to keep popping the case off to mount the devise. I use mine for work traveling between jobsites. This will work for now.

I also have the Infuse 4G car dock that I use with my E4GT, and am growing tired of de-sheathing it from its case to pop it in. The iBolt car dock looks promising, but I was a little skeptical of the way it is mounted. But I use the CarDock Ultra and it rotates in whichever direction, so maybe I will get that (x2...one for my wife) if I grab the S III this weekend. I also plan on getting the Seidio ACTIVE case with kickstand, so I hope it can accommodate it like it claims to accommodate the Otterbox Commuter case.

One thing that the iBolt website mentions is the AMPS plate option, but I havent seen it available anywhere.
prod10-ibpf-33307.jpg

I have a ProClip setup and this would be great for me! Anyone know of where I could get one?

I found one that should work from Amazon, so I am waiting to get both the dock and the AMPS plate and will report back...for those who care!

Last edited: