Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    1,159 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    Very nice! I have have the white model (But ATT) and I am getting the black one for it. I think the black makes it look nice. Now I have a commuter case to sell!
    IMO (or for my taste anyways) the white is so much sleeker and sexier than the blue although the blue is really really nice and different.

Sent from my Amaze-balls Samsung Galaxy S3

Default Re: Otterboxs shipping July 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by MBM7881 View Post
    here are some pictures of the case...well one of the case with my phone and the other of the box. the box looks different from their usual boxes for their cases. i should have taken a picture of it without my phone but i go so happy they actually had it that i put the case on right in the sprint store. and its a PITA to take off...lol
    How much of a pita to take it off? The case for my Epic 4G is very tough, and when I have to remove the battery it sucks. Other than that, how's the fit, etc. seem?

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

The defender for my HOX fit nicely and it was super easy to take it off and put it back on. I am guessing its the same with the S3. I will let you know when I get it. But I am sure she can tell you now though.

Quote Originally Posted by MBM7881 View Post
    Well I went to my local sprint corporate store and they had the otterbox defender case for the s3. the lady who works there told me that they got them the day before yesterday in shipment so anyone looking to get the otterbox cases that ordered it try going to your local sprint store. The only bad thing is that they only have the black case and I wanted the purple one. Oh well at least I got it

Cant believe they had them!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didnt even think of going to check the sprint store. I was at BB last Thursday and they had a few TPU cases for a unreasonable amount of money. I got an email saying mine shipped from smartphonepedia.com. Think I paid $47 and some change.

Global Posts
    1,159 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by kgilbertsen View Post
    How much of a pita to take it off? The case for my Epic 4G is very tough, and when I have to remove the battery it sucks. Other than that, how's the fit, etc. seem?
    The fit is great but after I put the case on I noticed there was some lint so I had to take it off and clean it. It was a pita but I got it. Its just as hard as any otterbox. Didn't mean to make it sound completely difficult lol my bad

Default Defender arrived in todays mail...

My black Otterbox Defender showed up today. My 1st impressions are that it does a great job of protecting the phone - once I figured out how to separate the front from the back! The screen protector does not seem to cause any loss of 'sensitivity', which surprised me. The phone is no longer the thin, sexy thing it once was, but it's much better protected. It no longer feels like it could slide out of my hands - the case has a nice 'grippy' feel to it.
    I rate it a solid buy.

Ken

Default Re: Defender arrived in todays mail...

Quote Originally Posted by kgilbertsen View Post
    My black Otterbox Defender showed up today. My 1st impressions are that it does a great job of protecting the phone - once I figured out how to separate the front from the back! The screen protector does not seem to cause any loss of 'sensitivity', which surprised me. The phone is no longer the thin, sexy thing it once was, but it's much better protected. It no longer feels like it could slide out of my hands - the case has a nice 'grippy' feel to it.
    I rate it a solid buy.

Ken
    Received mine today too from smartphonepedia.com!!

Just got a shopping confirmation from J&R, my glacier white defender has shipped.

My wife wants the Otterbox Defender in the "Blush" pink looking color, which otterbox lists as "coming soon" on their site, but no-one else lists at all. In fact, the only color Otterbox lists as available is black. Has anyone gotten any color other than black shipped from otterbox? Anyone have any experience with how long after black is available that other colors become available? I may have to get the black one for her and then get the pink later.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,159 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by camiller View Post
    My wife wants the Otterbox Defender in the "Blush" pink looking color, which otterbox lists as "coming soon" on their site, but no-one else lists at all. In fact, the only color Otterbox lists as available is black. Has anyone gotten any color other than black shipped from otterbox? Anyone have any experience with how long after black is available that other colors become available? I may have to get the black one for her and then get the pink later.
    Didn't know they were releasing a pink one...definitely getting that one. Pink is my favorite color. Thanks

I have the black now and im waiting for the Black/Orange Realtree to be released. My guess is its a slow roll out with other colors. I looked at smartphonepedia.com to see if they had other colors avaiable and all they have is black. It says the other colors will be available on or before Aug 21st.
    Thanked by:

I bought an Otterbox Defender with Belt Clip from the Sprint Store last weekend. The clip lasted less than one week before it torqued off my belt and snapped at the hinges. The case is fine, but the swivel clip on the belt piece snapped off. I filled out a complaint at the Otterbox website and they got back to me the next day. They only needed a few pictures of the case and damage to prove I had one and they sent a new one in by FedEx. It hasn't arrived yet, but it was great customer service.

So beware of the failure point on this case. It's the belt clip.

Steve

Global Posts
    1,159 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

So it just broke...that's not too good. Glad otterbox is sending a replacement. Still though not good for those who really rely on the holster. Good to know thanks

I wouldn't say that it "just broke." At first, the seatbelt in the car got caught between the case and my belt. As I got out of the car, it pulled the clip back to the point where it locked into the stand position. Hearing the noise, I stopped and checked it out.

The second time, I was just sliding into the car, and the box pressed against the side of the car seat as I slid into the car. That's when the belt clip twisted and broke the plastic hinge loop.

The unit comes in six assembled pieces: 1) the case back, 2) the case front with screen protector, 3) the belt clip holder, 4) the swivel unit on the back of the belt clip with the bottom part of the clip, 5) the top part of the clip that you squeeze, and 6) a metal "V" piece that provides the spring tension. The bottom part of the clip has two loops that hold two posts molded onto the sides of the squeeze part of the clip. The posts are fitted into the loops on the bottom section. It's one of these loops that broke.

I have heard stories of thieves stealing these phones off of people's belts by snapping the unit this way. I'll have to be more aware of the position of this unit on my belt in the future.

Steve

Still havent recieved mine from android central

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by srschacher View Post
    I bought an Otterbox Defender with Belt Clip from the Sprint Store last weekend. The clip lasted less than one week before it torqued off my belt and snapped at the hinges. The case is fine, but the swivel clip on the belt piece snapped off. I filled out a complaint at the Otterbox website and they got back to me the next day. They only needed a few pictures of the case and damage to prove I had one and they sent a new one in by FedEx. It hasn't arrived yet, but it was great customer service.

So beware of the failure point on this case. It's the belt clip.

Steve

I have heard nothing but great things about Otterbox customer service.

I removed the screen protector that came on the Defender case today. Since I already have the Zagg one on since day 1. Was experiencing that "spongy" affect and it look.....soapy.

The pink "Blush" one became available to order a day or two ago. Ordered my wife the Pink defender and myself a black commuter. Used coupon code AM2012 for 10% off on orders over $75. and they currently have free "smartpost" shipping on all orders over $70.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,159 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by camiller View Post
    The pink "Blush" one became available to order a day or two ago. Ordered my wife the Pink defender and myself a black commuter. Used coupon code AM2012 for 10% off on orders over $75. and they currently have free "smartpost" shipping on all orders over $70.
    Ordered it today too!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123