What's a must have for your case?

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Color, thickness, and kickstand, these are important to me. But I do like a variety. I like to have a number of different cases for different occasions.

Reactions: darigaaz12

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
ya I've never been one for cases, always had keyboard phones and it made them way too thick for pockets. Looking into them for this phone though, curious to see what everyone tends to want. Will be looking into kickstand cases though

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Priority List

1. Protection
2. Thickness
3. Cuteness
4. Color

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
1. Protection
2. Color

thats why i'm glad otterbox came out with different colors for their defender series for the S3. I'm getting the purple one...matches perfectly with my white S3 :D

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Kickstand.

After having an Evo, this is the only reason I get a case is because I am spoiled by the kickstand. One other consideration with the SGS3 is that the phone is pretty slick, so in this case I probably also need a case to make the phone easier to hold so that I don't drop it.

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Clear and protective. No point in choosing phone color if your going to put a blk, red etc. Colored case on it:D

Sent from my Galaxy SIII on Ultimatum Rom and OC using Tapatalk 2

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
After having an Evo, this is the only reason I get a case is because I am spoiled by the kickstand. One other consideration with the SGS3 is that the phone is pretty slick, so in this case I probably also need a case to make the phone easier to hold so that I don't drop it.

I will have one soon for you - kickstand4u.com :)

gilbequick

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I will have one soon for you - kickstand4u.com :)

Looks like a great product, nice. I'd like to have one but I'm out at $15. When I first saw it I thought that $5 would be a good price for it, and at $8.99 I bet it would still sell quite a bit. $10 max. Then I saw the $15 and was pretty surprised.

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Looks like a great product, nice. I'd like to have one but I'm out at $15. When I first saw it I thought that $5 would be a good price for it, and at $8.99 I bet it would still sell quite a bit. $10 max. Then I saw the $15 and was pretty surprised.

Keep watch and take the poll over at XDA - final pricing and initial discounts for those that take the poll will be updated once shipment arrives. It should make you happy!

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Will do thanks for the heads up.

Your welcome - if you are in need of a kickstand, then I don't believe you will find a better one that's adjustable with a barely there profile that will work on small and/or large tablets.

There will also be a new adjustable "tablet extender" which will allow even more flexibility - should be available shortly after release of the kickstand4u tm - I will post pictures at kickstand4u.com when final prototype of the "tablet extender" is done.

This should work on most any phone case - so if your favorite case does not have a kickstand, this should work for you also.

Thank you for your interest!

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Is this something that will adhere to the phone itself? I have a Fly Grip and really regretted attaching it to my phone. I bought another back just for this reason.

<< Sent from my SG3 using Tapatalk >>

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Is this something that will adhere to the phone itself? I have a Fly Grip and really regretted attaching it to my phone. I bought another back just for this reason.

<< Sent from my SG3 using Tapatalk >>

I have seen the flygrip - my kickstand4u tm is similar in how it attaches to your phone or tablet - go here: kickstand4u tm FAQ - Designs by RemoteSystems tm, Inc. and read the last paragraph, it should help you take your flygrip off if that is what you want to do. It is easy to do with patience. If you can take your battery cover off, simply twist like an ice cube tray and this will help you get something under the flygrip so you can pry it off. If you have a phone where you cannot take the back off, or the back cover is very stiff, you can still take the flygrip off without damage, it just takes a little time, a little heat if possible, and dental floss. It is a slow process, but it can be done. Dental floss has been used for years on cars to take off car emblems on hot rods, fast and furious type cars for that smooth minimalist no emblem look without damaging the surface.

You should be able to use the kickstand4u tm like a flygrip if you wish - it does not snap open like the flygrip as the kickstand4u tm was Not deigned for that purpose. As time gets closer to availability, I will post pictures on the website showing how this can be done to emulate a flygrip very easily if you like to hold your phone that way - in fact I think the kickstand4u tm may even feel better than the flygrip in certain situations, (although everyone will have there own thoughts if this is true or not) because you can slide your fingers further into the kickstand and hold your phone in a normal fashion rather than just by your fingers - this is not to say that the kickstand4u tm is better than the flygrip for that griping function, as the kickstand4u tm was Not designed for that.

The kickstand4u tm was designed solely as the Ultimate in kickstands with complete adjust-ability, so in this sense, and IMHO, it is definitely better than the flygrip when used as a kickstand, and can emulate the gripping function of the flygrip when needed. There is also a big difference in the thickness of the kickstand4u tm, not to mention there is a huge cost savings when comparing the two.

So if you are looking for the Ultimate kickstand that is light, thin, adjustable with a barely there feeling for your phone, and can be use on tablets from 7" to 10", then I believe kickstand4u tm is what you need. One size fits all. We will also have an "extender for tablets" soon after. It will be a simple slide on attachment designed to enhance the kickstand4u tm when using it on tablets for even more adjust-ability and more varied viewing angles.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia