Anyone try Samsung Case,

staticradar

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I was going to get it, but it seems like it would be cumbersome to take pictures with and everything and I use the camera a lot.

jamal2323

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I have it in pebble blue and its not bad. Every time someone sees my phone the first thing they do is look all around it trying to figure out how the flap is attached. Some even think it would be cool if it was a wallet type case.

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I've been told that the Samsung case with flap makes the S3 look like a old school Casio calculator...

I hadn't thought about it...but now that it has been brought to my attention, it does look like that!

CoryBantic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
FYI, I bought the white flip case and there are 4 things I don't like:

1) I'm not too sure but, from what I can tell, the S3's flip cover is made of some sort of rigid textured plasticy cardboard.
2) My flip case is white and, surprise, surprise, it gets dirty...a lot. The good news is that I've been able to clean it with a moist paper towel.
3) taking photos is very cumbersome when the flap is the the way of you holding your phone comfortably; needless to say, I've almost dropped my phone a half dozen times now.
4) It IS NOT at all like the Galaxy Note's flip cover! The GN's flip cover is actual textured plastic that not only feels more durable but, withstands dirt, water, grime, etc.

All in all, I have to admit that I'm not too happy with the flip cover personally. The only way that I would tell anyone to spend $40 on one would be if and when they make it more like the Galaxy Note's flip case. Until then, you're better of getting a Zagg or Ghost Armor screen/body protector.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
those kind of cases aren't exactly my cup of tea (i'll take protection even if it is bulky over stylish any day lol) but i did see some that are really nice and actually look like a whole wallet. the cases are leather and best of all they don't cover the camera so taking pictures would still be easy. they also come in 4 different colors...you can find them here. hope that helps anyone looking to buy such a case :)

Samsung Galaxy S3 Leather Case illuzion Series - GALAXY S3 - Samsung - Cell Phones

praveen813

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I have the white phone with the blue case. The flap almost feels like a slick fabric.

The flap slows you down when answering the phone. If it was easier to open the case it might be nice.

But its by far the most unique case I've seen.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

raysun

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
On the plus side, the case fits well, is super low profile, and does a good job protecting the screen. The case back is a factory battery cover, so is an exact match to stock. The phone rides comfortably in my back pocket.

On the minus side, the flap is clumsy when open. Folded back fully, the edges make it a bit uncomfortable to hold. Folded back 90 degrees makes camera use a two hand affair, with the flap wedged in your left hand.

All in all its a nice case which I'll use until something as low profile and more comfortable comes along. (Don't suggest the silicon skins/screen protectors. Installation bubbles and abrasion scuffs drive me nuts.)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Trekker

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried this case with the flap??

Gallery - Cell Phone Accessories EFC-1G6FWE | Samsung Cell Phones

Looks nice, but dont know how practical it is

I got it on the first day the phone was released. I just took it off and went to the stock cover for now. As others have mentioned, it's a hassle when taking pictures but the main reason is that it actually makes my phone screen dirtier with the chance of scratching it up.

The reason? When I'm using the phone, I flip the cover around to the back, as it was designed to do. When you lay the phone down, it picks up lint, cat hair, cookie crumbs and other foreign objects. When you flip the cover back over the screen, all this dirt is now rubbing against the screen.

I had an Epic 4G that I used with a Neoprene pouch, which kept the screen clean. I got one of those for the Galaxy S3 and I'm using that for now. Currently looking into other case options.

praveen813

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The flap is separating in two weeks on the edge. The area where you fold over for talking is separating or bubbling out like bad Window tinting.

Otherwise it looks awesome. White phone with blue flap case. The flap is pretty waterproof and attractive. It takes getting used to to answer the phone quickly.

SI ent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Update...
Just went to sprint and they traded it out in 5 minutes. The important failure was the outside separation.

Update...
New case separated on the edge again, this time it happened where the flap bends when it folds over.

Back to no case.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34