Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Super Dave426
  • 1 Post By Super Dave426
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

Default OtterBox Defender Series vs Qmadix Xpression

Pretty much straight forward. I am looking to buy either the OtterBox Defender Series for Samsung Galaxy S3 which is selling for $34.99 or the Qmadix Xpression is selling for $30.56. Which is the better one? I prefer one with a thinner look.

VS

Default Re: OtterBox Defender Series vs Qmadix Xpression

I have the Defender. I love it! It does add a little size and weight to the phone but i like that it does. When I didnt have the otterbox I couldnt tell if it was in my pocket or not with it being so light. Not that its a bad thing, I just prefer to feel it in my pocket. Also, the drop test videos impressed me as well with the otterbox.
    Thanked by:

The Xpression is very light weight, thin, and very durable, not just that, but it also haves a lot more style to it than the outterbox one. It comes in 6 different nice 2 tone colors and it's legit.
    GET THE XPRESSION! No disappointments.
    Thanked by:

It's funny that you mention this - I literally was just sending my buddy pics of my new phone and Xpression case (plus my new 128i ). Attached some pics so you can check it out. It's very thin, and actually feels like it makes the phone slimmer. It's got a smooth design, and feels like it would take a hit if dropped it (haven't dropped it yet.. ::Knock, knock:: ). Plus for the price, you can't beat it! Hope that helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OtterBox Defender Series vs Qmadix Xpression-img_0099.jpg   OtterBox Defender Series vs Qmadix Xpression-img_0100.jpg   OtterBox Defender Series vs Qmadix Xpression-img_0101.jpg   OtterBox Defender Series vs Qmadix Xpression-img_0102.jpg   OtterBox Defender Series vs Qmadix Xpression-img_0105.jpg  

~ nuff said
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Quote Originally Posted by YoungMoney_Millionaire View Post
    It's funny that you mention this - I literally was just sending my buddy pics of my new phone and Xpression case (plus my new 128i ). Attached some pics so you can check it out. It's very thin, and actually feels like it makes the phone slimmer. It's got a smooth design, and feels like it would take a hit if dropped it (haven't dropped it yet.. ::Knock, knock:: ). Plus for the price, you can't beat it! Hope that helps.
    Damn that's sexy. Nice touch with the clean beamer in the background I'd be one jealous friend. Now I'm mad I didn't get this case myself.

ROM
    MOAR 9

Anyone try a Ballistic Maxx case for their GS3? I watched a comparison video between it and an Otterbox Defender and they are very similar, I just like the look of the Ballistic more.

Amazon.com: Ballistic SX0932-M385 SG MAXX for Samsung Galaxy S3/S3 - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black/White: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Galaxy S3 running MOAR Official v9.0. 50+ Mods Morphology 3.9.14

David
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

Daym. That's too bulky.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3.

ROM
    MOAR 9

It may look bulky because of the extra corner protection vs. the Defender, but looking at the comparison specs it actually seems a tad smaller.

David

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

Incipio is so much better cheaper and nicer

Galaxy S3
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

Which Incipio case?

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave426 View Post
    Anyone try a Ballistic Maxx case for their GS3? I watched a comparison video between it and an Otterbox Defender and they are very similar, I just like the look of the Ballistic more.

Click to view quoted image

Amazon.com: Ballistic SX0932-M385 SG MAXX for Samsung Galaxy S3/S3 - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black/White: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Great case. It's saved my phone a couple of times

ROM
    MOAR 9

Quote Originally Posted by six8 View Post
    Great case. It's saved my phone a couple of times
    Had it on my phone since day 1 during the work week and can't complain. Being in construction I need that extra coverage, on weekends I strip it down to a basic cover.

David
    KSevek likes this.

ROM
    MOAR 9

Seido is coming out with a waterproof case in October, I know I will give it a shot.

David
    MBM7881 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,116 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave426 View Post
    Seido is coming out with a waterproof case in October, I know I will give it a shot.

Hmmmm....interesting. I might give it a shot....thanks

Sent from my Amaze-balls Samsung Galaxy S3

I do the exact same thing. I use my Otterbox Defender when I'm on the job and switch it to the Seodio Surface case when I'm not banging a hammer.

I have tried the Ballistic Maxx case. I was not a fan. The outter hard shell that wraps around the silicone made the device quite slippery. Suffice it to say, I was disapointed as I really like the look of the Ballistic.

I had the blue Ballistic Case. it was nice, quite protectice and not too much bulk. However, the silicone shell stretched like crazy and looked like crap after a could days cause it was a dust / lint magnet.