Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wilder_jw
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hyperion Extended battery is amazing ...

I was at GenCon last week, and during my travel and stay there, I was only getting about 10 hours of battery life. (Prior to that, I was getting about 16, so I think the lack of wireless and strong signal cut into that.)

On return, my Hyperion extended battery was waiting for me. Per directions, I charged for 12 hours. Now I'm (again, per directions) running it down to complete depletion for a recharge.

Or, rather, I'm trying to ... it's been 44 hours since it came off the charger, and I'm still at 65 percent. Wow.

ROM
    LIH Jelly Bean Leak

Default Re: Hyperion Extended battery is amazing ...

Does it add bulk to the phone?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by mobdad View Post
    Does it add bulk to the phone?
    It does. Quite a bit, actually; I'd estimate the battery and back adds about 75 percent more thickness to the phone.

That's not an issue for me, as I find the stock GSIII almost too thin to hold comfortably, and I really like the styling of the replacement back.

But it definitely adds bulk and weight.

As of right now, 47.5 hours off-charger, 63 percent charge.

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Damn. Have any pics?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I'll try to take some comparison pics of my GS3 and my buddy's and post them tonight.
    Thanked by:
    six8 
    Upstreammiami likes this.

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

I think he means this one, 4200 SHOULD LAST YOU 4 DAYS LOL
    http://www.amazon.com/Hyperion-Exten...idcentral00-20

Galaxy S3
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

That's the one, but the back does not look like that. There's no hump ... it is flat until it curves at the top, bottom, and sides, just like the standard cover.

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Got mine yesterday. 3hrs 16min on battery and I'm at 93%
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

For better or worse, my buddy also got the Hyperion, so I can't do comparison pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hyperion Extended battery is amazing ...-dscf0069.jpg   Hyperion Extended battery is amazing ...-dscf0070.jpg  

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

It's thick but I don't mind. Actually feels good in my hands. I'm now at 84% with 6 hrs 42 min on battery.

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Quote Originally Posted by wilder_jw View Post
    For better or worse, my buddy also got the Hyperion, so I can't do comparison pics.
    Thanks for the pic. Doesn't seen thick at all for the amount of power. If I could find a 3000mah one like that I'd be the happiest guy on the planet.

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Hyperion Extended battery is amazing ...-uploadfromtaptalk1346626815741.jpg

I'm thrilled so far. I can't kill this thing
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by six8 View Post
    I'm thrilled so far. I can't kill this thing
    It's crazy, right? I got 93.5 hours on my first discharge-to-depletion, and 104 hours on my second. This isn't as good as a Touchstone charger, in terms of power-charging goodness and happiness with a product, but it's pretty damn close.

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

I was trying to kill it yesterday and got 18 hours. I had almost 9 hrs on screen time. Today, normal use, I'm at 86% after a little over 9hrs off charger.

I just purchased this battery and then charged it for 12 hours with the phone off untill fully charged. When I turned on the phone the battery only read 98% charge. Anyone expierience this issue? Thanks for your help!!

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Nope but mine drops to 98% quickly. It also seems like the percentage drops quicker the first 50% vs the second half. It doesn't bother me as this battery is exactly what I was looking for. It'll give me 15+ hours of hard use and not skip a beat.

If you wouldn't mind, is this the NFC version and could you measure the thickness as exact as possible?
    Thanks.

I had a Hyperion battery for my GS2 and after about 2 months it went to crap.. I hope these have better cells.
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+
    Thanked by:

I have thought about getting an extended such as the one in this thread. However, i have a issue hanging onto my phone. I currently have an otterbox for my gs3. Does anyone make a case for the added thickness the extended battery gives the phone??

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

I just received my extended battery and was also wondering if there is a good case out there.

I've had the Hyperion extended since October, love it. Just received the Seidio back cover and Seidio Active case to go with it. Prior to getting the hyperion I used the Otterbox Defender, this Seidio case really doesn't feel any bigger than the Defender. It does feel a little slick. The best part is how the area of the cover and case fit snugly around the lens, speaker and light. The hyperion cover has the same width throughout so that the lens is set in a deep indentation that affects the quality of pictures taken with the flash.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2