Extended battery PROBLEM!!

John Tardif

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Ok I got a sprint sg3. Model # SPH-L710. I got two extended batterys from ebay. There white and brand name on them say MAX POWER. they are 4500mAh. when I got the batterys I put one in my phone and ran it tell my phone shut off. Put it on the charger for 12 hours, then turned it back on it said it was at 100% still pluged in. As soon as i toke it off the charger it went to 83%. I let it sit bout about 10 minz and it went back up to 95%. It has done this now for the last 2 weeks. So i just thought it was a bad battery. so i switched to the other extended battery I got with the deal. Needless to say it is doing the same thing. The battery is lasting me about 38 hours. Im just wondering if anyone is having the same problem of it saying its charged to 100% but when you unplug the phone it drops down to 85% then if you let it set for 10 or so minz it jumps back up to 95% but never goes back to 100%. I always charge the phone for 8 hours. Everything is stock no root done.

John Tardif

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Been there done all that. Still having the same problem. This is not my first phone with an extended battery. This is the first phone i have had with this problem tho. I'm just shocked no one ales is having the same problem.

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I had that problem when I bought my standard battery replacements on ebay. Turns out, the batteries I bought were made in a hut during a rainstorm by 12 year olds in a 3rd world country.
When I bought the extended 4500mAh battery, I had learned from my mistakes, and bought it from a reputable retailer.
Is your battery NFC capable? My old ones weren't, and that was part of the problem. Sure, you can put my muffler on your car, and it will work, but just not work well.

John Tardif

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
lol that's great. No the battery's are not NFC capable. I just put my stock battery back in and throw the two peace of junk extended once in the trash. I have friends who have the Gorilla Gadgets extended battery and love it. So I think that's the one I'm going to order.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I had that problem when I bought my standard battery replacements on ebay. Turns out, the batteries I bought were made in a hut during a rainstorm by 12 year olds in a 3rd world country.
When I bought the extended 4500mAh battery, I had learned from my mistakes, and bought it from a reputable retailer.
Is your battery NFC capable? My old ones weren't, and that was part of the problem. Sure, you can put my muffler on your car, and it will work, but just not work well.

This.

Third party ebay batteries are CRAP. And even worse if they aren't NFC enabled I'm the battery Queen... trust me :)
Get the gorilla gadgets battery and back - works great. $20 last I saw...

<< Sent from my SG3 using Tapatalk >>

raymb1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Got 60+ hours on first charge, 53 hours on 2nd charge with 15% left. The back that comes with the Gorilla battery is much sturdier than the OEM back. Later, Ray

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
So will the Gorilla extended battery work with the Seidio belt clip? I have the Seidio surface belt clip holster that holds just the naked phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital