Slim extended battery?

kodybrannon

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Is there a slim, extended battery for the S3? I bought my phone, and got an otterbox on it, and I would like a longer lasting battery, but don't want to have to change cases because of the thick battery.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Look here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...technology-2300mah-li-ion-battery-review.html

But the reality is this: chemistry is what it is. All these lithium ion batteries use the same basic chemistry. There's only so much energy you can store in a given amount of space. An Li battery is made of multiple cells connected to each other internally. To add more power you basically have three choices: Add more cells of the same size, or use bigger cells. Can't do that without making a bigger battery. The third option is to make the walls separating the cells, and/or the internal membranes in each cell, thinner. There's a limit to how far you can go there and still make a reliable battery that won't catch on fire if you drop it.

The battery I linked to claims a 9.5% increase in capacity. I'm not sure I believe it, but if it's accurate and you get 10 hours out of your current battery, you might get 11 out of this one.

gcaver2

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I just carry an extra battery with me all the time if I'm gonna be away from home for a long period. You can also recharge each time you get in the car.

Gcaver2

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
i know this is late:

i see a lot of reviews of these batteries but not any information on the physical size of them. from what i did find, your best bet is the samsung extendead battery, its 900mah larger, so only 1-2mm thicker.

i currently have a galaxy nexus, in the market for a s3, with the extended battery, and i want to find the slimmest case i can that will still fit the battery (with or without using the back plate) so far i read on a forum somewhere that the seidio active will work, and i believe the pop! case mate might work too. i currently have a pop on my GN with the samsung extended battery without a back plate (it covers all the open parts perfectly)

that being said, there were people with GN that had the commuters that wanted an extended battery as well. some people had taken a razor and cut out the section of the interior rubber commuter that covers the battery. this let them use some larger extended batteries with the commuter (i think the hyperion). if you remove the back plate you can most likely fit your commuter over your phone and samsung extended battery with no problem. if you want more then 3000mah, you might want to try the cut out method.

- good luck

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Another option would be to carry a rechargeable pack battery with a USB and charge off of it. Some of them are reasonable priced, especially. Around the price of a larger battery. I have one I picked up on sale for $12, I charge it up, drop it in a cargo pocket, and it will completely recharge my S3 twice.