[SGSIII][Sprint] Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Has anybody used the ACsyndicate ROM? If so, is it normal to be on the boot animation for almost 10 minutes now?

Edit: over 15 mins

Edit: over 20 mins

Edit: I did a battery pull and flashed a different ROM

That's not normal. Always do a backup prior to flashing.

Last edited:

Lolanerd

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: brackett5

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody used the ACsyndicate ROM? If so, is it normal to be on the boot animation for almost 10 minutes now?

Edit: over 15 mins

Edit: over 20 mins

Edit: I did a battery pull and flashed a different ROM

Lmao well done

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Android Central Rom and Kernel Library

I have decided to stick this thread. Skunkape has done an excellent job of presenting a current list of ROMs, kernels, etc for the SGSIII and also provides great support too.

Nice job Skunk :)

Paul

tomy2001

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

I have decided to stick this thread. Skunkape has done an excellent job of presenting a current list of ROMs, kernels, etc for the SGSIII and also provides great support too.

Nice job Skunk :)

Paul

Hello everyone! I am back after being out for months. Paul, I have a question for you. I am still using my Epic 4g. I will get the new G3, so I would like to know if is there any rom that has already build in wireless hotspot in G3 roms like we have in the Epic 4g. Thank you Paul in advance.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Not trying to answer for Paul but I haven't seen one with WiFi tethering baked into the Rom yet. However WiFi tether seems to work well.

skunk%20Banner100pix

Lolanerd

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

Hello everyone! I am back after being out for months. Paul, I have a question for you. I am still using my Epic 4g. I will get the new G3, so I would like to know if is there any rom that has already build in wireless hotspot in G3 roms like we have in the Epic 4g. Thank you Paul in advance.

I'm not Paul but I can say that I've heard the wifi tether for root users on the android market works well if you put it down as a Galaxy Nexus with cdma/lte.

Off topic, to those of you that have tried cm10: Is the battery life better or worse than stock ROMs such as blazer, freegs3 etc. Also, if there is a difference, is it minimal or drastic? Thanks, I would test it out but there are still a few dealbreakers for me on the ROM.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Great answers guys. Tomy, things are still early in development with the SGSIII. I can only imagine what they will be doing in coming months.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Update: Team Sonic's new update v0.0.6 now has WiFi Tethering toggle on the notification bar. I am downloading now and will report if it's working.

Edit 2: The Blazer ROM also now has embedded WiFi tether.

skunk%20Banner100pix

Last edited:

bauer2

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Update: Team Sonic's new update v0.0.6 now has WiFi Tethering toggle on the notification bar. I am downloading now and will report if it's working.
Click to view quoted image

I was waiting for his new release! In the process of downloading now, I'm like a little kid all anxious and impatient lol. I Had the XDA forum bookmarked on my phone and it took me a min to realize they separated the forums so I couldn't find the ROMs. Some times I wonder about myself.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I was waiting for his new release! In the process of downloading now, I'm like a little kid all anxious and impatient lol. I Had the XDA forum bookmarked on my phone and it took me a min to realize they separated the forums so I couldn't find the ROMs. Some times I wonder about myself.

He said he didn't get it in this release. It will be in his next release.

skunk%20Banner100pix

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Did you guys do a clean install for this release, or a do you install right over the previous version? I notice that the CPU Sleep app was still there after I installed it; would the script still be running in the background?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I believe the script was removed. The app is still there. Clark said there was no problem flashing from one version of sonic to another. He said you only need to wipe if coming from a completely different Rom.

skunk%20Banner100pix

bauer2

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I have just installed over the older one every time have had zero issues. The last couple of times I did wipe the cache though.

This one is nice and smooth to just like the previous ones.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Did you guys do a clean install for this release, or a do you install right over the previous version? I notice that the CPU Sleep app was still there after I installed it; would the script still be running in the background?

My bad... he took the cpu sleep app out and added the script. If you still have the cpu sleep app, it wouldn't be uninstalled unless you did a wipe first. You can uninstall it if you wish.

skunk%20Banner100pix

Reactions: Uncle Louie

bauer2

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Well team sonic released a new version and I have to say it keeps getting better every time. I love the new install he implemented.

I know he said he plans to start doing some theme stuff for his Rom to. I'm really looking forward to this.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:
Reactions: brackett5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc