Bricked my phone!!

Mark Tyree

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a question.. I hard bricked my GS3 T999 and I know the warranty or my insurance wont cover that.. Now im thinking what if i dropped my phone in the water and plug my charger and hoping make some short circuit and screw up something.. do you think they would find out that my phone was hard bricked.?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a question.. I hard bricked my GS3 T999 and I know the warranty or my insurance wont cover that.. Now im thinking what if i dropped my phone in the water and plug my charger and hoping make some short circuit and screw up something.. do you think they would find out that my phone was hard bricked.?

Just throw it in the water... don't even need to power it up. Been there done that.

Last edited:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I just tell them it won't turn on for some reason. If it is hard bricked it doesn't turn on right? They wouldn't know since the first thing they are going to do is flash it

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
so you're saying they wont find out.? coz im paying for my insurance..

- - - Updated - - -

So you're saying they wont find out.? and they will send me a refurbish.?

Yeah it would cost them more time and money to try and figure out why it happened than just to send you a refurb and just flash the software on the bricked one.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

kunjunction

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
one of my first posts here.
i did hardbrick my phone because of a dev putting a rom in the wrong section on xda so i will never go there again.
anyways i used the sprint warranty and as long as it doesnt come on and the screen isnt cracked sprint will cover it.
when i went in to get my replacement i told them that i applied an update... which i did (even tho it wasnt official) and the phone would not come back on.
they didnt ask any questions. they tried to power my phone on and it wouldnt come on. they checked the screen for cracks and for water damage...
think theres a deductable for water damage... not sure... anyways she said that my 14 days was up and i needed the insurance... so i threw it on there at the store from my rooted evo3d and i told her to check again for the insurance and she started laughing and said she would process my return. so all i did was pay $11 for a new phone. no questions.
however when i was picking it up the guy was throwing all kinds of joke around and said yeah that happens when people root their phone and i told the guy... "rooting went fine. its just some dummy at xda put the rom in the wrong section" and the guy just started dieing laughing. turned on my phone watched it program and said there ya go.
he even then proceeded to tell me to google androidcentral.
NO KIDDING he really told me this. made my day so i had to come here to share this

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
one of my first posts here.
i did hardbrick my phone because of a dev putting a rom in the wrong section on xda so i will never go there again.
anyways i used the sprint warranty and as long as it doesnt come on and the screen isnt cracked sprint will cover it.
when i went in to get my replacement i told them that i applied an update... which i did (even tho it wasnt official) and the phone would not come back on.
they didnt ask any questions. they tried to power my phone on and it wouldnt come on. they checked the screen for cracks and for water damage...
think theres a deductable for water damage... not sure... anyways she said that my 14 days was up and i needed the insurance... so i threw it on there at the store from my rooted evo3d and i told her to check again for the insurance and she started laughing and said she would process my return. so all i did was pay $11 for a new phone. no questions.
however when i was picking it up the guy was throwing all kinds of joke around and said yeah that happens when people root their phone and i told the guy... "rooting went fine. its just some dummy at xda put the rom in the wrong section" and the guy just started dieing laughing. turned on my phone watched it program and said there ya go.
he even then proceeded to tell me to google androidcentral.
NO KIDDING he really told me this. made my day so i had to come here to share this

Lol thats awesome congrats on the new device, welcome to the forums. Tip: always let a day go by before flashing something new let someone else experiment lol :D

Howie Dalton

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys.. I'm also new here. WUZZZUUUPPP.. Anyhow, I Hard Bricked my GS3 because I had an OTA update from CM (Nightly.) In any case, after flashing the update I saw an ad for a sweet game on the market for $0.99 lol. So I tried to go to the Play Store and grab it before it was gone. Google Play would launch and abort in a millisecond. In other words Force Close. So I tried to flash backwards to the previous update that I had running and I got the boot loop FUN FUN. So, I said TA HELL with CM and was searching for a new vibe, stumbled across FoxHound and downloaded it. It did not say it wasn't for the L710 so I scooped it up, Flashed it on, went through the installation process and hit finish, after that it turned off. Waited about a minute and tried to manually power on, Hard Boot (remove battery,) nothing. Cannot get into recovery or download. After reading this entire post it looks like the only way to fix the problem is to either pay for somebody to JTAG it, or Brave my way over to Sprint and try for a replacement. I don't want to pay for a JTAG and I'm weary of taking it to Sprint.

Has there been an alternate fix released or to I have to do one of the aforementioned solutions?

P.S. Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to share my 'idiot story' or 'DOH!' moment.

Thanks.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
If it never powers on the answer is simply no. I have sent phones back to Verizon many times intentionally bricked (I was being lazy) and never heard word one. Here is some reasoning for you, and this is experience talking. You can only diagnose an issue from a known point. When tech support gets a phone the first thing they do is re image it so they take user error and apps out of the equation. It is their known point. From there they try to figure out why signal was bad, or whatever the complaint it. This is one of the reasons that refurbished go out over and over again with intermittent rebooting issues. They reformat, think it works and send it back out chalking it up to the user.

You should be fine taking a totally bricked phone back

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

Howie Dalton

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Why don't you man up and admit it and buy a new one! No wonder this world is going to hell!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Because I already "MANNED up and payed for TEP, If I pay 500 for anything and turn around and pay for total equipment protection Insurance for months on end. Then decide to pi** on it and kick a field goal with it. And ask for a refurbished phone. I don't think there is a problem with that. And it looks like you need to "man up" and retire your caveman phone and shell out some dough for something a little more current. Ya baby-back-B**CH. Respectfully. :)

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Because I already "MANNED up and payed for TEP, If I pay 500 for anything and turn around and pay for total equipment protection Insurance for months on end. Then decide to pi** on it and kick a field goal with it. And ask for a refurbished phone. I don't think there is a problem with that. And it looks like you need to "man up" and retire your caveman phone and shell out some dough for something a little more current. Ya baby-back-B**CH. Respectfully. :)

We don't talk to people like that around.here. If you guys have issue please make it a private issue.

Thanks...

youngsull

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you family you weren't wrong dude is being a jerk sometimes you run into self righteous pricks on these forums I'm going through the same thing as you and just ordered a jig should be here shortly I'll let you know if it works or not if it doesn't from what I've seen the only other fix is to jtag it. young.sull1981@gmail.com is my email just in case I don't make it back here any time soon. sgs3

Howie Dalton

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
So here's an update, If your phone is hard bricked (unable to access bootloader or download) then you can take it to Sprint and they will attempt to get it to turn on. He took it apart, he checked for water damage checked for shorted circuits. He was clueless, Anyways they ordered me a refurb, it will be here on Monday. So for anybody else who actually hard bricks their device just take it to your local carrier store and they will A) Order a Refurb. or B) If it's a corporate store, they will replace it on the spot out of their stock. Hopefully this helps somebody.

luismendez25

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Same thing is happening to me but i can get it to downloading but wont go past that after 30 minutes of waiting. Can someone please help me. Thanks in advance!!!!!
I Did have a working rom but had an audio problem and decided to reinstall the rom. Went going to the wipe cache and etc i must have done something incorrect and when rebooted phone it will not go past the Samsung logo. After getting it to downloading by pressing the 3 buttons will stay stuck on downloading.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer