How to Turn Off Your Shutter Sound In 2 Minutes

ChargedDust

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I just downloaded ES File Explorer V 3.0.5.3. The phone is rooted, I am able to go to the files and "try" to rename them, but when I press OK I get a message "task is failed" and the file names stay the same, even, after a reboot. The menus in this version of ES seem to be a bit different than as described in this thread but I was able to find where to turn on Root Explorer, but couldn't where to enable R/W.

Phone is a Sprint GS3, rooted, stock ROM, V 4.1.2

Some help, in layman's terms, would be appreciated.

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I just downloaded ES File Explorer V 3.0.5.3. The phone is rooted, I am able to go to the files and "try" to rename them, but when I press OK I get a message "task is failed" and the file names stay the same, even, after a reboot. The menus in this version of ES seem to be a bit different than as described in this thread but I was able to find where to turn on Root Explorer, but couldn't where to enable R/W.

Phone is a Sprint GS3, rooted, stock ROM, V 4.1.2

Some help, in layman's terms, would be appreciated.

Open ES, hit you menu button, scroll down to tools, tap root explorer, pop up will apper, select rw.

sent from my GS3 running Wicked

firedavid

May 1, 2014
Visit site
hello,
thanks for explanation, following your instructions but "changing permissions was not successful. Please note that some file systems do not allow permission changes."
I'm using Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.
Root Browser
Change "False" to "True" on the feature.xml failed
Can you help ?
Kind regards,

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
hello,
thanks for explanation, following your instructions but "changing permissions was not successful. Please note that some file systems do not allow permission changes."
I'm using Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.
Root Browser
Change "False" to "True" on the feature.xml failed
Can you help ?
Kind regards,

Hello firedavid,

First of all your phone has to be "rooted" - just using a "Root Browser" on a "non rooted" will do you no good at all. With that being said and if you are "rooted" than you should try another file manager that can make use of "rooted permissions" - the file manager I use is called "File Manager (Explorer) by Rhythm Software"

If you truly are rooted and have a file browser that can make full use of a rooted phone, then you should be able to modify "any file" or at least the file that you are talking about.