[UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Re: UnRoot and Return to stock

Odin seems to be very sensitive to the slightest data transfer problems. Try using a different micro-USB cable, and/or a different USB port on the computer. If you're using a USB hub, try plugging the phone directly into the computer's USB port rather than the hub.

You didn't mention it, so be sure that both Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are checked, and nothing else is.

Globetrahter

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site

Awesome, I got the phone back to stock now. I did all the software updates as well. The only issue I have now is that I have a icon that says no sim, insert sim card. Of course I have sprint so I should not see this message nor can I clear it... I'll google then come back here

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Well, it's been quite a while since you posted, so presumably you've done something other than let it sit on the boot image for 10 hours. But if you're still stuck, where in the process were you?

First thing I would try is to boot into recovery (power the phone off, press and hold Volume UP, home and power; when you see the Samsung logo, release all three buttons immediately). If this works, use the volume buttons to choose factory reset and the power button (or home button--I can never remember :) If one doesn't work, try the other) to execute it.

If that doesn't work, can you still boot into download mode? If so, I'd start over. Re-download the files in case you had a bad download.

bstillwell15

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
will this factory reset as well, or just unroot? i've already had an issue with accidentally factory resetting my phone and don't want to take the chance again.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I've not used this, but the first post says " It will no longer wipe your data or set up"

Yes but it is fairly common to get the stuck on the Samsung screen. If this happens, the only fix is a factory reset. If you don't like it, or it's painful for you to perform a factory reset, then don't root your phone.

Daniel Grady

May 30, 2013
Visit site

i have a question my s3 sph l710 is rooted I did an upgrade to my phone now when I go to get into my supersu it says there is no su binary installed and super su cannot install it this is a problem do you have any clue on how I can fix this promptly. other then this my galaxy has no problems what so ever ...... just this

Daniel Grady

May 30, 2013
Visit site

ive also tried to update the supersu and cant. theres no update avaliable i cant use any of my rooted apps like triangle away or anything to unroot or flash my counters which I have 3 counters on it right now

May 10, 2013
Visit site

Hi, I have tried this method for unrooting. Now I get, sorry android.process.media has stopped running.... andmany more errors like this. Any ideas? did I do Something wrong???

I'm having the same issue. I followed the steps and my phone is continually saying "Unfortuately, ______ has stopped." It's either Email, android.process.acore, Samsung Backup Provider, android.process.media, or Touchwiz Home have stopped.

May 10, 2013
Visit site

I should note that this has rendered my phone practically useless currently, as the failure messages pop up one after the other within a matter of 5 or so seconds. I'm pretty much just pressing "ok" and trying to do things in between those 5 seconds. Safe mode has the same issues.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

I would suggest booting into recovery and choosing the clear cache option (I think that exists in the stock recovery). If that doesn't work, I'm afraid factory reset is probably the next step.

May 10, 2013
Visit site

I would suggest booting into recovery and choosing the clear cache option (I think that exists in the stock recovery). If that doesn't work, I'm afraid factory reset is probably the next step.
Thanks, I'll try that. Do you know whether or not I should back up personal info like contaacts and pictures prior to booting in recovery mode? I just want to make sure.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Thanks, I'll try that. Do you know whether or not I should back up personal info like contaacts and pictures prior to booting in recovery mode? I just want to make sure.

Clearing cache won't delete any of your information. A factory reset will. So you don't need to back up before clearing cache, only before a factory reset.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

You can clear cache in recovery. Its dalvik that you can't.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I clear dalvik in recovery all the time. Can you please tell me why you think we can't?

I meant stock recovery. At least with Samsung devices. Custom recoveries allow the clearing of dalvik.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

Hyun Shin

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

I have tried doing this, and I think I have the stock installed properly. However, I cannot update my phone.

When I go to the update page and choose Restart & Install, it counts down to zero and says rebooting (which does not result in anything). However it does not reboot until the screen turns off.
When I turn the screen back on, it says Restart & Install again.

I tried rebooting, but no luck. I tried reinstalling, but it didn't work. I tried installing ***.tar, but that didn't work either.

I tried getting file from different sources, but it doesn't help either.

Any suggestions? Any idea what might have gone wrong? I have check that I do have stock recovery and I no longer have superuser permission.

Thanks for your help in advance :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781