[UPDATED 12/30/2012][Sprint Only]UnRoot and Return to stock

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Why did you go back to stock just to check?

Pretty much... I have used the file many times and knew the process worked. But wanted to be sure nothing got borked when the file was rezipped. Since you have bricked one so far I just wanted to be double sure for you.

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: UnRoot and Return to stock

I can't understand how some people think this is difficult. I have already went to stock unrooted. rerooted with custom recovery and reflashed my favorite backup and my phone is back in the identical state it was just 30 minutes ago. IMO This phone is about as easy as it gets.

Pup16001

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

In your directions out says double click on the Odin file, you mean right click? And above the steps it says make a folder on my desk top and name it root gs3.then in the steps it says to put Odin in the file named unroot gs3, is this the same one I created on many desk top

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Double click to open the zip file the move the unziped folder to the unroot folder. Then you will double click on the odin folder and right click on the odin exe file and choose run as administrator. Since you already have odin unzipped. you will just have to open the odin folder and right clicl on the file and choose to open it as administrator.

There is a preparing your computer section and a using odin section. you would start at the using odin section since it is already installed.

Yes the same folder that you made on the desktop.

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

He is talking about the software and baseband version. The newest ota updated our software to LG8. He didn't like the update. So he went back to the original software version (LEN) and let it update up to LG8. It is a roundabout way to remove an update that you don't like.

Pup16001

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

Ohh! In sorry, just came from two and half years of rooted HTC devices.this actually means in a noob again Hugh?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463