What is the procedure for updating to LI3 - stock rooted.

vapore0n

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
The XDA forum have a beehive of a mess. One large thread with multiple files, no clear instructions.

My phone is rooted, CMW, stock rom.
What file is the correct one to flash, and what is the procedure for install?

vapore0n

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Oh and btw. I flashed the Full Firmware All-In-One from freeza over at XDA. I just noticed that the all in one didnt have any of the new apps, and I didnt see any difference in LTE performance either (uploads still suck and 4G is still spotty)

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh and btw. I flashed the Full Firmware All-In-One from freeza over at XDA. I just noticed that the all in one didnt have any of the new apps, and I didnt see any difference in LTE performance either (uploads still suck and 4G is still spotty)

Did you update the radio? Updating the rom does not update the radio. It's two different files.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
In the following thread you can find the files and instructions. If you didn't like freeza's rom. You can flash the stock recovery and use ota rootkeeper to save and hide your root. Then follow the dirrecrions in the first post in the thread. The stock recovery is also in that thread.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=210369

Here's the stock recovery. It is flashable in cwm.

Stock Recovery
http://db.tt/dX2BkP2p

Last edited:

vapore0n

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I did the all in one file, which includes the radio files too. I compared the contents of both.
My phone says its on the LI3 firmware. I was just expecting better LTE performance, or more coverage.
Boston is not lit up completely, so that might be why I get spotty coverage in some areas.

GK3K

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I did the all in one file, which includes the radio files too. I compared the contents of both.
My phone says its on the LI3 firmware. I was just expecting better LTE performance, or more coverage.
Boston is not lit up completely, so that might be why I get spotty coverage in some areas.

Care to share the link to the all in one file?

vapore0n

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
got it from the XDA forums, Sprint GS3 section.

I may have to redo the whole patching. Today I just got the update available message. I guess I did it wrong, even though it says its on the LI3 firmware.

---------- Post Merged at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:22 AM ----------

In the following thread you can find the files and instructions. If you didn't like freeza's rom. You can flash the stock recovery and use ota rootkeeper to save and hide your root. Then follow the dirrecrions in the first post in the thread. The stock recovery is also in that thread.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=210369

Here's the stock recovery. It is flashable in cwm.

Stock Recovery
http://db.tt/dX2BkP2p

Lets see if I get this right:
Install rootkeeper and click on the root backup button.
Install the stock recovery linked above, using CWM.
Reboot and go into the stock recovery and flash the file provided in the other thread you posted above.
Done?
Whats the status of my root? How does rootkeeper get it back? Or do I have to do anything to get it back?

Thanks

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
got it from the XDA forums, Sprint GS3 section.

I may have to redo the whole patching. Today I just got the update available message. I guess I did it wrong, even though it says its on the LI3 firmware.

---------- Post Merged at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:22 AM ----------

Lets see if I get this right:
Install rootkeeper and click on the root backup button.
Install the stock recovery linked above, using CWM.
Reboot and go into the stock recovery and flash the file provided in the other thread you posted above.
Done?
Whats the status of my root? How does rootkeeper get it back? Or do I have to do anything to get it back?

Thanks

Once your done you can boot back into your system, open rootkeeper and restore root from the backup. If you want your custom recovery back. Just flash with Mobile Odin.

Instructions and needed files to flash custom recovery are here.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=208982

vapore0n

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Went to XDA and read the whole LI3 thread from Freeza.
Quick way to upgrade and keep my root was to:
1. boot into CWM and flash the All In One,
2. Flash the Odex Rooted image (700mb),
3. Clear cache/dalvik,
4. Reboot

After that I had all the new LI3 apps plus radio.
First thing I noticed was the battery drain coming back again. I would expect this as the phone needs to redo all its cache etc.
Debloated the phone, removed the gsiff_daemon file, which has caused heavy battery drain, and phone is back to good battery life.

Still need to remove more stuff I wont use, like google books, music, etc.

vapore0n

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Thruth.

I went to a area with good 4G signal and OMG. It was fast.
26Mbps/4.5Mbps
16.6/6.8

Too bad my house is right at the edge so I barely get 4G. At least I can use my wifi, which is even better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37