Most stable jellybean rom?

fraganend

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
i've tried a couple roms, and i just want to know what you guys use for your daily drivers. it seems as if most of the jellybean roms have problems(like with the alarm clock or mms) and i just really want a stable jellybean rom.

fraganend

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Deleted....
Why? I want a good, stable ROM. What ROM do you use?

---------- Post Merged at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:10 PM ----------

I've been using paranoid android and have not had any problems

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
Some people on there forums over at xda were complaining about MMS and SMS problems, was it recently fixed? I really do want to get a jellybean ROM that isn't buggy.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I didn't see where you stated JellyBean. While I've tried most of them my opinion is a little biased. I am not a big fan of cm or aosp. I figured, I would bow out gracefully. :D

fraganend

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I didn't see where you stated JellyBean. While I've tried most of them my opinion is a little biased. I am not a big fan of cm or aosp. I figured, I would bow out gracefully. :D

Well, what ROM do you use? Because if all the jellybean ROMs suck for now, I can settle with something else.(I'm thinking that when jellybean goes official most of the jellybean ROMs will be fixed though)

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I run either AnaKonda or Wicked Sensations. Both are very stable. I keep both as updated nandroids and swap between the 2 of them. Depending on what I feel like on any given day.

fraganend

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I run either AnaKonda or Wicked Sensations. Both are very stable. I keep both as updated nandroids and swap between the 2 of them. Depending on what I feel like on any given day.
wicked sensations guide didn't say anything about wiping the dalvik cache or flashing gapps. do I need to do those 2 things or is it really not needed?

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
wicked sensations guide didn't say anything about wiping the dalvik cache or flashing gapps. do I need to do those 2 things or is it really not needed?

Wiping cache and dalvik are the minimum requirements for flashing ALL ROM's.

Both of these ROM's are touchwiz ROM's. Do not flash gapps on touchwiz rom. Apps are allready included.

Gapps are normally ONLY flashed on CM and AOSP ROM's.

fraganend

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
a very stable jellybean rom I found is blackbean, its working well as of now. team venum's jellybean rom looks very promising though, i may try it later.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
a very stable jellybean rom I found is blackbean, its working well as of now. team venum's jellybean rom looks very promising though, i may try it later.

I have been running TeamVenums JellyBomb Rom for a couple of days without any issues. It is a Touchwiz based rom.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
And I hate touchwiz now

And I hate AOSP and CM. So we're even. Lol. I was stuck with them for over a year because I had a nexus s4g. SO BORING.

I don't like using the touchwiz launcher so I use nova instead. But tw based ROM's are faster and smoother than any of the AOSP or CM ROM's I've tried up to this point. At least on the gs3.

Josh's JellyBomb based off the Sprint Jellybean leak is rock solid stable and for me, superior to CM or AOSP ROM's.

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Skunkape, can you give me a link for Josh's JellyBomb rom? Will the new modem also work with that ROM? Sorry, I haven't rooted since my OG EVO and I had someone really do almost everything for me. I am planning on rooting later today and I just want to make sure I am informed along the entire method so I don't come crying here with a bricked phone.

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
For some reason the modem sucks in this area. 4G was working fine on Epic but GS3 doesn't seem to connect as we as Epic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-10-05-08-57-42.png
    Screenshot_2012-10-05-08-57-42.png
    514.7 KB · Views: 60

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
For some reason the modem sucks in this area. 4G was working fine on Epic but GS3 doesn't seem to connect as we as Epic.

That's because the epic had wimax 4g. The gs3 doesn't pic up the wimax signal as it's LTE only. Lte is just starting to roll out on Sprint.

So unless you are in an area with lte the phone is 3g only.