How long before Sprint will take me back?

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
As you probably already read from my previous thread, Sprint gave me the boot two weeks ago so I went with AT&T. However, I don't think I can deal with this data cap thing that they have going on over yander. In just three days, I have used up half of my data without doing anything that you can say is excessive. I watched maybe one tv episode and streamed like four YouTube videos. What the hell? Anyway, by any chance or experience with a situation like mine, do you know how long you have to wait before Sprint considers you back?

Oh crap...didn't realise I was in the hack and root section. This belongs in the regular section. Sorry, modders. Is there a way to move this?

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
By the way, this whole lte with a data cap is torture. How can you have blazing speeds and put a data cap on it? It's like giving a kid the best Christmas gift they ever wanted but not allowing them to open it and play with it, EVER!

trekkie1701c

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Have you contacted Sprint and asked them? I can't believe they'd turn away a customer who wanted to use their service without at least talking to them (and your other thread wasn't clear about whether or not you'd tried to escalate the issue)

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Have you contacted Sprint and asked them? I can't believe they'd turn away a customer who wanted to use their service without at least talking to them (and your other thread wasn't clear about whether or not you'd tried to escalate the issue)
I tried speaking with them and they told me I have to get my account reviewed. I ask the lady I spoke to how long before they review my case and she just kept saying, "sorry sir, at this time you can no longer have service with us." She kept repeating the same thing for any question that I asked. I'm guessing I have to wait a few months before they can review my case. I wonder if anyone had a similar situation.

Hey guys, do you know if lte eats up more data while browsing the web or watching movies than 3g does? If so, is there a way to change it to 3g, because I don't see the option here like the Sprint phone I have.

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
That's the most available? OMFG... that's freaking crazy! How can anyone go to AT&T. That's freaking insane. I use that every week.
I know right? When I had Sprint and had my Epic 4G Touch with full 4G coverage, I would average around 10 to 15gb of data a month. I don't see how anyone could even put up with this. Now, if you are on a family plan they offer a whopping 10 gb of data lol.

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
By the way, this whole lte with a data cap is torture. How can you have blazing speeds and put a data cap on it? It's like giving a kid the best Christmas gift they ever wanted but not allowing them to open it and play with it, EVER!

I feel your pain :) Do you have a PC at home? 5Gb might work if you had WiFi at home. I have never reached 1Gb and I use the phone all the time. I don't do much streaming away from home but probably average a few hours every day of cellular data service using the internet. I know I am lucky to have WiFi at home and work.

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I feel your pain :) Do you have a PC at home? 5Gb might work if you had WiFi at home. I have never reached 1Gb and I use the phone all the time. I don't do much streaming away from home but probably average a few hours every day of cellular data service using the internet. I know I am lucky to have WiFi at home and work.

I do have Wi-Fi, but it is almost unusable. I get less than .60mbs and even less when someone else is surfing the web. It is fine for when I am using my laptop for homework, but for watching videos and surfing the web at high speeds, it is not good. Videos buffer constantly even on the lowest setting. I did try updating my Wi-Fi, but the only thing available in my area is that crap internet.

CorruptionDee

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, what he said. It's uncharacteristic of Sprint to just give anyone the boot for no reason. Please elaborate.

Edit: never mind. I read your thread, and it seems you were booted due to excessive roaming. This is weird, since it's the first time I've heard of this. I really don't understand how or why you were roaming if you had it disabled. Assuming you're being forthcoming, I think you may have a case here. Just continue to call and speak with a supervisor. Tell them you've been a loyal customer for years and you think it's unfair that you've be penalized without fair warning. Push the issue as much as possible.

Last edited:

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, what he said. It's uncharacteristic of Sprint to just give anyone the boot for no reason. Please elaborate.

Edit: never mind. I read your thread, and it seems you were booted due to excessive roaming. This is weird, since it's the first time I've heard of this. I really don't understand how or why you were roaming if you had it disabled. Assuming you're being forthcoming, I think you may have a case here. Just continue to call and speak with a supervisor. Tell them you've been a loyal customer for years and you think it's unfair that you've be penalized without fair warning. Push the issue as much as possible.

I already went with AT&T. I'm just going to have to suck it up. Imma end up selling my phone for like 350. I got it for 150. So I'll make a profit.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yep have to agree with skunk atts plans are for those who literally use no data, tmob probably would have been better. Although their billing is too sporadically inconsistent for us (kind of like time warner cable).

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking of going with T-Mobile, but I read in these forums that their speeds are slow. That is why I went with AT&T. Verizon was just too expensive.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking of going with T-Mobile, but I read in these forums that their speeds are slow. That is why I went with AT&T. Verizon was just too expensive.

I would never go with verizon if planning on rooting your phone. I don't like nor will I ever buy a locked device.