Root Help

Tarant

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Hello, i seem to be in a huge hole right now and i dont know how to get out and and hoping someone can help.

I tried to root my phone vie this How to Root the Sprint / AT&T / T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 - Latest - YouTube
everything was fine till the last part of booting from CW recovery, when I go to install zip from sd card i get a E: cant mount /sdcard/
I know I downloaded the tar file into the ext sd card but it wont mount. And now Iam am really unsure what to do now.

I am thinking its because I have a 64 gb micro sdxc, i didnt format it since it worked fine from the begining
Thanks

ps i know that i dont have a sprint phone but the guide is for sprint, if this is the wrong forum Mods i do aplogize.

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello, i seem to be in a huge hole right now and i dont know how to get out and and hoping someone can help.

I tried to root my phone vie this How to Root the Sprint / AT&T / T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 - Latest - YouTube
everything was fine till the last part of booting from CW recovery, when I go to install zip from sd card i get a E: cant mount /sdcard/
I know I downloaded the tar file into the ext sd card but it wont mount. And now Iam am really unsure what to do now.

I am thinking its because I have a 64 gb micro sdxc, i didnt format it since it worked fine from the begining
Thanks

ps i know that i dont have a sprint phone but the guide is for sprint, if this is the wrong forum Mods i do aplogize.

First thing is the tar file does not go on the phone. The tar goes on the computer and is flashed with Odin. There is a zip file that goes on the phone. What phone do you have and on what carrier?

You probably can't see the file on the sd card because it's not formatted with fat32 file system. All 64gb sdcards are formatted to exfat. The phone will read it but recovery will not.

Try putting the file on your internal sdcsrd (phone storage) for now.

Last edited:

Tarant

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, i didnt put the tar file on the phone i flashed it with odin i was in such a hurry typing i messed that up.

And thanks so much, i just put it on the internal sd card and now the file is showing up like it should.

Its a Galaxy S3 from UScellular, i placed my question here since the uscellular thread has no root thread, also the guide i used is a Sprint guide that works for USC.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, i didnt put the tar file on the phone i flashed it with odin i was in such a hurry typing i messed that up.

And thanks so much, i just put it on the internal sd card and now the file is showing up like it should.

Its a Galaxy S3 from UScellular, i placed my question here since the uscellular thread has no root thread, also the guide i used is a Sprint guide that works for USC.

Hang on a second and I will get you a program to format your sdcard properly.

Here is EaseUsPartitionManager. Installl it on your computer and format the sdcard to fat32.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci