[ROM]TeamVenum-Wicked Sensation JellyBean V 3.0 [MB1] ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

juniorr7710

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]TeamVenum-Wicked Sensation JellyBean V 1.2 [OFFICIAL] ROM

Yes I'm already on it... with your assistance from last time, the WS rom has been running good with no issues. Okay so i will follow your last set of instructions.
Thanks again - will post back after with any updates.
J

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

For those of you who have asked how to go back to CWM it is just as easy. Just flash the CWM Zip (below) in TWRP without wiping anything and you will be right back on CWM 6.0.1.2

CWM 6.0.1.2 Copy to phone and flash in recovery.

egon10psi

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Hey my question got skipped....

Is the factory reset required??? Will it hurt anything if I did not d it? Will miss any features of.the.from??

If it is required how do I go back ans fix it??

Xristina08

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM]Wicked Sensation JellyBean ROM

hi.. can anyone help me on how to install the twisted pink rom. do i need to root first? and how to root? and how to install the rom? thanks

juniorr7710

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Ok, maybe this was previously asked... what is the advantage on TWRP, why would I go back to CWM?

juniorr7710

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

this is a different question... how can i make more useful my ext sc card, like moving apps from Internal to SD?
trying to install an app and the following shows up: Error Insufficient storage available > but i just check and have 7.4gb of internal storage and another 11gb on sd card

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Hey my question got skipped....

Is the factory reset required??? Will it hurt anything if I did not d it? Will miss any features of.the.from??

If it is required how do I go back ans fix it??

Factory reset is not always required but if you have issues with the rom. Don't blame the rom. Try again with the factory reset.

egon10psi

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Factory reset is not always required but if you have issues with the rom. Don't blame the rom. Try again with the factory reset.

Okay awesome...everything seems to be working great....I just wanted to make sure I would not be missing anything from the ROM by not doing the Factory Reset....

Also is this Rom debloated or is that something I need to do myself???

By the way Anakonda is looking awesome...I cannot wait!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Ok, maybe this was previously asked... what is the advantage on TWRP, why would I go back to CWM?

Yes it has been answered...
To get all the benefits of the kuban updater you need to be on twrp. With twrp you will not have to manually go into recovery and flash the mods. It will do it all for you.

With cwm you will have to go into recovery and flash the zip yourself as is not automated.

Some people just like cwm better.
However I find twrp to have a lot of features that are lacking in cwm.

Twrp has a file explorer, has the ability to name your backup as you do it and can download files from your computer to your phone without leaving recovery.

juniorr7710

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I can live with that... will change shortly since with CWM as you stated i have to constantly boot into recovery to make use on new downloads from kuban updater. Thanks

juniorr7710

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

oh and how do i fix the following: how can i make more useful my ext sc card, like moving apps from Internal to SD?
trying to install an app and the following shows up: Error Insufficient storage available > but i just check and have 7.4gb of internal storage and another 11gb on sd card

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Okay awesome...everything seems to be working great....I just wanted to make sure I would not be missing anything from the ROM by not doing the Factory Reset....

Also is this Rom debloated or is that something I need to do myself???

By the way Anakonda is looking awesome...I cannot wait!

It has a lot of bloat removed but still left many of the features that make this phone unique.

I am currently trying to learn some of this theming stuff so I can be more involved. I am just about finished with a circle battery mod for Anakonda.

Last edited:

med8r

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

First of all, let me say a HUGE thank you to SkunkApe. My first android was the EVO the first day it was available on the market. Went from that to the S2 (Epic 4G), then a Photon Q (not my cup of tea) and recently to the S3. Never rooted any of them until now and didn't know what I was missing! Skunk, your rooting instructions for the S3 were right on the money and, following you, I found this ROM. Granted, I haven't tried any others, but I'm absolutely loving this one! Speaking of, another HUGE thank you to Dazed and Team Venum... awesome work, Gents!

Now, for my one problem (knew that was coming, right?)... I've installed the Kuban Updater fix and it's working fine except that I get an MD5 checksum error prior to it asking me to reboot and install any updates. I've proceeded and everything has installed fine, but I'm worried that I might be slowly jacking up my phone by ignoring the error. If no worries, then I'm a happy camper!

Thanks, guys, and looking foward to learning more about the world of rooting the S3.

Cheers!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

First of all, let me say a HUGE thank you to SkunkApe. My first android was the EVO the first day it was available on the market. Went from that to the S2 (Epic 4G), then a Photon Q (not my cup of tea) and recently to the S3. Never rooted any of them until now and didn't know what I was missing! Skunk, your rooting instructions for the S3 were right on the money and, following you, I found this ROM. Granted, I haven't tried any others, but I'm absolutely loving this one! Speaking of, another HUGE thank you to Dazed and Team Venum... awesome work, Gents!

Now, for my one problem (knew that was coming, right?)... I've installed the Kuban Updater fix and it's working fine except that I get an MD5 checksum error prior to it asking me to reboot and install any updates. I've proceeded and everything has installed fine, but I'm worried that I might be slowly jacking up my phone by ignoring the error. If no worries, then I'm a happy camper!

Thanks, guys, and looking foward to learning more about the world of rooting the S3.

Cheers!

Ignore the md5 error. Are you on twrp?

med8r

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Yes, I'm on TWRP. I was thinking maybe I missed something in the update instructions, but I don't think so. I'm generally pretty good about reading it twice and then rereading it again before proceeding, but you never know...

juniorr7710

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Skunape, when you get a minute... what can be the issue with installing an app and getting that error: Error Insufficient storage available
Or if there any type of fixes for the apps to sd card options... thanks again

juniorr7710

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

i went into recovery and flash twrp recovery, but wen it booted went back into CMW 5.5.04

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Skunape, when you get a minute... what can be the issue with installing an app and getting that error: Error Insufficient storage available
Or if there any type of fixes for the apps to sd card options... thanks again

There's an app that causes the insufficient memory problem that may be installed on your phone. It's an app that lets you install paid apps for free. I can't remember name off the top of my head. It's on the tip of my tongue...
Lucky Patcher. If you have it delete it...

Last edited:

juniorr7710

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

nothing close to that... the last few apps that i remember installing are: ROM Toolbox Pro, Subway Surfer, ES File Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams