Please help my boss...

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
So my boss has an old original Evo with a huge expandable battery pack on the back... She wants the GS3 but today tells me her evo is so dialed in... she is scared to change .. It sounds like her main concern is that it's rooted and she has her free "mifi"..... Now I have the Verizon GS3... So I'd like to ask you all to verify with the sprint variant are any of you rooted and able to get free mifi/ wifi apps on sprint...
Also if you came from the Evo is there anything you miss or any concerns she should have going to the GS3?

Sent from my GS3....

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I came from the Sprint HTC Evo environment. Once I went with Sprint Samsung, (first S2 and now S3) I never looked back and couldn't be happier. I have a lot of access to Wifi so the lack of a good LTE connection has not effected me badly. 3G suits my needs (I don't stream movies or music much) but it's fine for normal internet usage. There is a world of great Sprint rooted ROMs which will make her device even more effective and fun to use, and of course tons of support from this forum and xda if the boss wants to get more technical. If you get fired for this advice, sorry. :)

dadavises

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
She'll never look back once she makes the move to a newer phone. The S3 is great. I came from the OG EVO to this phone and glad I did. I haven't tried any wifi apps but my best guess is if the phone is rooted, she should be able to get free wifi from her phone. That's one of the advantages of having your phone rooted. Hope I was able to help

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
On Sprint we usually use PDATether or even FoxFi (I love this app) but currently FoxFi is under development for the S3. So it'll come sooner or later, they're just working out the kinks, according to the website. FoxFi acts like a "mifi" for free, I used to use it on my old Optimus S.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
On Sprint we usually use PDATether or even FoxFi (I love this app) but currently FoxFi is under development for the S3. So it'll come sooner or later, they're just working out the kinks, according to the website. FoxFi acts like a "mifi" for free, I used to use it on my old Optimus S.

Man I use Foxfi too.... Works with ease.

Sent from my GS3....

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
FoxFi works on the GS3? Oh hell yeah, I'm getting it now then!

Edit: See I didn't know if it worked or not, because when I went to download it it said this on the page:
"Support for the new Galaxy S3 and the new ICS update for Epic Touch are being worked on. Should be compatible soon in a future update."