Cm10 system ui keeps crashing

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Another user on Android Central reported this issue previously but didn't get much help. Basically, every few hours the system ui keeps crashing no matter what I do

I was on the cm10 stable from November then I just flashed to a nightly, and I'm having the same issue

It's soo annoying, no status bar, no nav keys and the only way to reset it is to reboot your phone

The stable was a clean flash, and I just dirty flashed the nightly this morning, both have the exact same issue. Does anyone have any suggestions? I really like cm10 but this is ridiculous

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353872024755.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353872024755.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 29
Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
this is gonna be a looooooooooooooong day, tried to dirty flash back to an old stable, and the cyanogen mod boot screen just kept spinning, so i popped out the battery, booted into recovery and clean flashed it

now im going to spend the next hour and a half restoring texts and apps to my phone, then signing into apps

and to top it off, i was in the middle of a sms conversation

this is going to take forever :(

i was just beginning to get comfortable with my new stable and all that too, now i gotta restore an old one just to see if i will stop getting that damn error

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Think I'm just going to flash the stable than was giving me trouble this morning again, lmao. Utter isn't working too good on 4.1.1 and I really like the app so I'm going to re flash and hope I don't have the issue that started it all

juniorr7710

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Hello Skunape60... was wondering what are the best options for me to try on flashing a new ROM... i know there is many out there but just need 2-3 to look at.
If you can guide me into which are best. Im currently rooted with 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.

Thanks much
Junior

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello Skunape60... was wondering what are the best options for me to try on flashing a new ROM... i know there is many out there but just need 2-3 to look at.
If you can guide me into which are best. Im currently rooted with 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.

Thanks much
Junior

CM10 / AOSP: Take your pick. They're all pretty much the same.
Modified Stock ROMs - Wicked Sensations, Team Sonic FreeGS3

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

Thanks much
Junior

Cm10 is good, but if I were you, I'd try out wicked sensations

juniorr7710

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I've read on CM 10, is that the same as CM 10 stable? Also heard a lot about Wicked Sensations. Is there a forum where i can have like a breakdown/installation guide?
Thanks again
J

juniorr7710

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
've read on CM 10, is that the same as CM 10 stable? Also heard a lot about Wicked Sensations. Is there a forum where i can have like a breakdown/installation guide - on the link for Wicked Sensations there is one, but it talks about if you are coming from a different rom or 1.1?
Thanks again
J

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
've read on CM 10, is that the same as CM 10 stable? Also heard a lot about Wicked Sensations. Is there a forum where i can have like a breakdown/installation guide - on the link for Wicked Sensations there is one, but it talks about if you are coming from a different rom or 1.1?
Thanks again
J

If you are inexperienced in flashing stock with the wicked sensations rom. It will keep you happy and busy for a while.

How to flash ROM's in custom recovery
[NOTE]If you are going from a rom to the same rom that has been updated you often don't need to wipe data / factory reset and can skip that step. Additionally you can go even further by formatting system, data, and cache from the mounts and storage menu. [/NOTE] 1. From the home menu, select "wipe cache partition" and confirm by selecting yes. 2. Select advanced menu. 3. Select "wipe dalvik cache" and then confirm by selecting yes. 4. Return to the home menu 5. Select wipe data / factory reset and select yes to confirm (This will delete all of your apps, passwords, settings and accounts. 6. Select "install zip from sdcard" 7. Select "choose zip from sd card" or "choose zip from external sdcard". 8. Select the file you want to flash and select yes to confirm. (if you don't see it, swipe the screen or use your volume up and down to scroll up and down ) 9. After it completes, go back to the home menu and select reboot system now.

juniorr7710

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
This sounds good... I'm going with the Wicked Sensation from the link you previously mention but in it talks about:

Downloads v1.2
FULL ROM
IF YOUR COMING FROM V1.0 OR ANOTHER ROM FOLLOW INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE AND FLASH FULL ROM
Wicked Sensations JB v1.2 - CLICK HERE
Dev Host Mirror
My Mirror
MD5 SUM for Full Rom- a7219199658b79a3a5bc353da3fb43d5

V1.2 UPDATE ZIP
FOR THOSE OF YOU ALREADY ON V1.1
JUST WIPE CACHE AND DALVIK CACHE AND FLASH THIS IN RECOVERY TO UPDATE TO V1.2
IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES DOWNLOAD FULL ROM AND DO A CLEAN INSTALL
Wicked Sensations Update Zip from v1.1 to v1.2 - CLICK HERE
MD5 SUM FOR UPDATE ZIP - dc366bcc23968aeb4680e5327ab86cc6

This is what has me a bit confused... sorry a first time noob, but pretty much follow instructions to a T
Thanks
J

juniorr7710

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Just read your post again... in it talks about This will delete all of your apps, passwords, settings and account - is there anyway to back them up or I complete have to start from scratch when the new rom has been updated?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Just read your post again... in it talks about This will delete all of your apps, passwords, settings and account - is there anyway to back them up or I complete have to start from scratch when the new rom has been updated?

Follow my steps above but skip the factory reset.... You won't lose data. Just wipe the cache and dalvik.

juniorr7710

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm almost there... so does it matter if i install release verison 1.2 of Wicked or start right from the very first version?
ok so skip step 5. Select wipe data / factory reset and select yes to confirm (This will delete all of your apps, passwords, settings and accounts.

As always thank you for all your guidance... very much appreciated

J

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm almost there... so does it matter if i install release verison 1.2 of Wicked or start right from the very first version?
ok so skip step 5. Select wipe data / factory reset and select yes to confirm (This will delete all of your apps, passwords, settings and accounts.

As always thank you for all your guidance... very much appreciated

J

Yes, there are 2 links in the thread. Choose the full version and you will be good.

As for flashing it, you will only lose your data if you wipe data/factory reset. If you only wipe cache and dalvik you won't lose your data. You can do it this way but if you have any issues you will need to go back and do the factory reset.

juniorr7710

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
A few final Questions, so sorry but just want to get this right... The post also talks about firmware LJ7, what if i currently have that as my custom rom - do i need to also install it?
It also talks about doing a Nandroid back up, how do i do that or what app would I need? In terms of 4.1.2 or 4.2 Apps are some of them also on this WS ROM?

And finally what if for some reason i wanted to go back to original stock rom and unroot - is there a way to do that as well

You've been of great help... I've been cutting and pasting all on a separate Word Doc for me to follow
Thanks for all your assistance

J

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
A few final Questions, so sorry but just want to get this right... The post also talks about firmware LJ7, what if i currently have that as my custom rom - do i need to also install it?
It also talks about doing a Nandroid back up, how do i do that or what app would I need? In terms of 4.1.2 or 4.2 Apps are some of them also on this WS ROM?

And finally what if for some reason i wanted to go back to original stock rom and unroot - is there a way to do that as well

You've been of great help... I've been cutting and pasting all on a separate Word Doc for me to follow
Thanks for all your assistance

J

I think it's taking about the baseband which is your radio or modern. Go to about phone. If your baseband is already LJ7 then you should be ok without flashing they firmware.

There are several 4.2 apps available for wicked sensations. Look in the kuban updater after installing.

BTW... this should be posted in the ws thread. My lunch is over and there cracking down on personal phone use. I will explain the nandroid backup process later. There should be an example in the sticky thread how to flash in custom recovery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC