Now Rooted...now what?
OK, I'm rooted now and the first thing I did was shut off that annoying shutter sound. Now...what's next? I'm not really into ROMs and am satisfied with the way things are at stock, although I want to find a way to improve the battery. I would like to delete some of the bloatware and some of the apps that might affect performance. Problem is which ones can I get rid of and it will not affect my phone negatively? Can I get rid of that annoying DRM Samsung file that kills battery? What else is safe to delete?
And what are some of the settings I can do for the kernel that would help battery life? I don't want to touch anything and have my phone freeze.
And what can I do to change the status bar? Would I have to download a ROM for that? I sort of want in WP8 style, if it's possible. I tried using ROM Toolbox to change some of the status bar icons and it ended up freezing my phone and going to a non-stop boot loop.
- 12-05-2012, 02:20 PM #2
- 38 Posts
Re: Now Rooted...now what?
One place to go for status bar changes without flashing a complete ROM is here: [MORPHOLOGY SOCIETY] [LJ7] Aroma "Theme it Your Way" now in the OP!! [11.29.12] - xda-developers
Not sure they offer WP8 styled stuff, but there are a large amount of other styles for such things as battery icon, wifi icon, notification pull down bar, etc.
- By judasmachine in forum HTC Droid Eris Rooting, ROMs, and HackingReplies: 14Last Post: 07-17-2010, 05:37 PM
- By troyn60 in forum HTC Hero Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 07-15-2010, 09:27 PM
- By Lurch81#AC in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 27Last Post: 05-15-2010, 05:27 PM
- By jbc28 in forum HTC Hero Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 22Last Post: 04-25-2010, 08:29 PM
- By EOAkrish in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 12Last Post: 02-02-2010, 11:38 PM