Stock like Rom for Galaxy s3

egon10psi

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I am coming form an Evo3d and I had CleanRom.....why is he not making one for the Sprint phone?

Why are all the Roms themed for this phone other than Serinity which turn it into a Note theme and is slow?

I really like wicked Rom but my eyes can't deal with the blue or pink

I want a stock looking Rom with...

Stock appearing
Upgraded Audio
Camera Sounds mods
Debloated
Free Hotspot
Battery Saving
Home button lag off

Should I just wait for 4.1.2 releases?

Parnelli98

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I am coming form an Evo3d and I had CleanRom.....why is he not making one for the Sprint phone?

Why are all the Roms themed for this phone other than Serinity which turn it into a Note theme and is slow?

I really like wicked Rom but my eyes can't deal with the blue or pink

I want a stock looking Rom with...

Stock appearing
Upgraded Audio
Camera Sounds mods
Debloated
Free Hotspot
Battery Saving
Home button lag off

Should I just wait for 4.1.2 releases?

Try this ROM: [ROM] Team Sonic-FreeGS3 JB v2.0.0 |11-18-12| |REVOLUTIONARY...Elegant| - xda-developers

It uses an installer called "Aroma" that allows you to choose some of the bloatware (some, but not all) to keep/not install, and other choices. Very cool. If you use the TW launcher, it looks and feels very stock. It comes with the Awesome Beats audio app as well. I'm currently running it, and it is very smooth, fast, and stock looking (I do like the Wicked ROM though. I go back and forth). The dev does recommend (strongly) to use TWRP recovery to flash this ROM.

egon10psi

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have colockwork already...is it too late to swtich to TWRP?.....I might just do wicked and deal with the blue until more themes are released if so.

Parnelli98

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I have colockwork already...is it too late to swtich to TWRP?.....I might just do wicked and deal with the blue until more themes are released if so.

Not too late at all. QBKing77 has a very good video of installing TWRP. Although the video was created in August of this year, it is still the same process. The only difference will be openrecovery file name. The video shows twrp-2.2.1.1-d2spr.img, while the newest version of TWRP is 2.3.1.0. Just make sure the file name has d2spr when in GooManager (the app used to download and install TWRP)

How to Install TWRP Recovery on the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III - YouTube

jay28w

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
IMO, I like the rooted stock version you can get in this thread, http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-s-iii/218901-your-way-update.html
It does not have many of the other features u mentioned, but it's battery life is great.

Goodness is a great ROM with many of the features you mentioned, and with compatibility with the Morphology stuff, you can have a very stock-looking ROM. Battery life with this ROM, for me, has been really good, but not as good as the previous one I mentioned.

I do agree with Parnelli about FreeGS3, but personnally I can not stand TWRP, which ends up being the reason I do not use this ROM much.

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
IMO, I like the rooted stock version you can get in this thread, http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-s-iii/218901-your-way-update.html
It does not have many of the other features u mentioned, but it's battery life is great.

Goodness is a great ROM with many of the features you mentioned, and with compatibility with the Morphology stuff, you can have a very stock-looking ROM. Battery life with this ROM, for me, has been really good, but not as good as the previous one I mentioned.

I do agree with Parnelli about FreeGS3, but personnally I can not stand TWRP, which ends up being the reason I do not use this ROM much.

You know...FreeGS3 can be flashed on CWM just fine lol, no reason to not use the ROM...

jay28w

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
You know...FreeGS3 can be flashed on CWM just fine lol, no reason to not use the ROM...

Yeah, I know. But I tend to heed the recommendations of the ROM builder, and he/she says that TWRP is 'highly recommended' (or something along those lines). Just my personal pref.

Just to be clear, I do like FreeGS..

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I know. But I tend to heed the recommendations of the ROM builder, and he/she says that TWRP is 'highly recommended' (or something along those lines). Just my personal pref.

Just to be clear, I do like FreeGS..

I used to be his rom tester and the ONLY reason he states to use twrp is that for the updater to automatically flash in recovery and reboot itself is with twrp. cwm doesn't support it. You can still use the updater app with CWM although you have to go flash the downloaded file yourself as it is not automated.
There is No other reason. It has nothing to do with anything else not working or causing any issues.

jay28w

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I used to be his rom tester and the ONLY reason he states to use twrp is that for the updater to automatically flash in recovery and reboot itself is with twrp. cwm doesn't support it. You can still use the updater app with CWM although you have to go flash the downloaded file yourself as it is not automated.
There is No other reason. It has nothing to do with anything else not working or causing any issues.

Thanks for the info.