I have questions for those of you that have experience in USB tethering:
1) I got to a point where I could surf, but nothing else was getting a connection (Windows Update, services, etc). Is the tethering for just the browser and no other windows services? Couldn't even connect to GTalk.
2) There was no indication that the computer was connected to the net at any time. I just opened up a web page (chrome mind you) and it miraculously loaded a page. I loaded the drivers (that would load) through a root toolkit. I was using EasyTether if that helps.
3) One of the best things about root is the free tethering. I want to take advantage of the "truly unlimited data" (lol) on sprint and use my phone as the source for internet my Dish Network Hopper. Anybody try doing this? If so, were you successful and how did you go about making it work?
FYI- This is actually a re-post. I accidentally posted this in the general Sprint SGS3 forum and it got way sidetracked.
- 12-12-2012, 12:12 PM #2
- 12-19-2012, 12:41 PM #3
- 5 Posts
- rooted stock
Re: USB tethering
EasyTether is your problem.
It is limited in the free trial version.
I use WiFi Tether for root users instead and it works for everything.
- 12-19-2012, 07:01 PM #4
- 6 Posts
Re: USB tethering
I use Klink with mine. It goes through the carrier's data; not the open DNS like EasyTether and other USB tethering apps do. It's worth the money. And that's how I surf YouTube and all the banned sites at work (not to mention doesn't exactly leave a foot print either).
- By stoli412 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 43Last Post: 05-09-2011, 06:47 PM
- By gadgetluva in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 65Last Post: 08-02-2010, 10:54 AM
- By showmrock in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 7Last Post: 06-07-2010, 09:36 PM
- By dburr in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 06-04-2010, 02:20 PM
- By ethan in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 05-17-2010, 04:05 PM