Rom turned screen black!!! Help!!!!!!!!!!

PointDexter85

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Okay I gonna consider myself dumbass of the week. I know the tiny print at the top reads "Flash at your own risk" but as a dumbass I flashed an international rom but accident. Now my screen is black but is seems to be on and my computer wont read the device. PLEASE HELP in any way possible.

therenegadenail

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
im sorry to say this friend but you may have bricked your phone... i dont know if there are any methods of unbricking it tho but i have heard of some in other posts...

the problem is the international variants have quad core and ours have dual core, the roms are just written differently

can you get into download mode? or recovery?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Okay I gonna consider myself dumbass of the week. I know the tiny print at the top reads "Flash at your own risk" but as a dumbass I flashed an international rom but accident. Now my screen is black but is seems to be on and my computer wont read the device. PLEASE HELP in any way possible.

Yes your phone is bricked. Check your pm's.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Another one bites the dust. Team stock for me

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Another one bites the dust. Team stock for me

I don't really understand how you can make the mistake of flashing the wrong rom or kernel for your phone. I bookmarked the forums for my phone and don't ever visit other forums. Simple safeguards will keep you phone running like a top.

One of the reasons I dislike people from other carriers giving advice in this forum on carrier specific items. They don't have Sprint and the phones are not the same.

General advice is fine....

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't really understand how you can make the mistake of flashing the wrong rom or kernel for your phone. I bookmarked the forums for my phone and don't ever visit other forums. Simple safeguards will keep you phone running like a top.

One of the reasons I dislike people from other carriers giving advice in this forum on carrier specific items. They don't have Sprint and the phones are not the same.

General advice is fine....

I agree especially with the other carrier thing. I rooted my last phone but the benefits weren't so out of this world that I'd be jumping in the air to do it again. Stock works for me. Some people hear about flashing roms and rooting and don't really know what they're doing. Even with videos and instructions, I still think it's better to have someone a little more experienced to do it. That's just me but you'd be surprised how many ppl try something easy and mess it up. You should hold workshops for folks lol

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Too many people just don't read instructions at all. For anything, not just rooting. Many others read too fast, and don't make sure they understand everything in the instructions. You can post all the warnings in the world, but if people don't pay attention there's nothing you can do.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Too many people just don't read instructions at all. For anything, not just rooting. Many others read too fast, and don't make sure they understand everything in the instructions. You can post all the warnings in the world, but if people don't pay attention there's nothing you can do.

Yup... i had someone once complain in a pm that my return to stock guide bricked his phone. I tried everything to figure out what happened. Ended up he had the AT&T GS3 and used my Sprint guide and files. I felt bad for him but hey.... it plainly states it's for Sprint gs3 only. I could only say sorry and tell him his options to fix it.

PointDexter85

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Got it! Totally understand I screwed up. This isnt my first time rooting and flashing a device (e.g. EVO 4G) only difference is the EVO was a Sprint branded device and the GS3 is a US/International device with many versions and roms which come with many consequences when your not careful. I'm slowly gettign over the fact of the situation and trying to get a fixed and if the cant life moves on. Start over!

PointDexter85

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Okay this is what I generally did and came up with.... I reading through a couple different post that involve that same international rom and tried one of the methods. I pulled the battery and plugged the device and got the red led to come on. Now the only version of ODIN that will recognize the device is version 1.85. but my only problem is that because the device screen isn't on, you cant determine if it completely recognizing or is it just a glitch. Now the message does read "<ID:0/007> Added!!". from here on out, after you the .tar file and push "Start", this is what pops up next....

<ID:0/007> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> COMBINATION_L710VPBLJ7_L710SPRBLJ7_329968_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/007> Odin v.3 engine (ID:7)..
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..

And that's where it sit for the rest of the time period until I decide that 30 minutes is enough time. Any thoughts?

c2mcclel

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy SIII Sprint version and accidentally(stupidly) installed the ROM for the international Galaxy SIII (I think I9300). ROM seemed to install fine, but when it went to reboot, the phone won't turn on anymore. I only get a red charge light when I take out the battery and plug into computer. Nothing happens when I plug it in either besides a driver error.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy SIII Sprint version and accidentally(stupidly) installed the ROM for the international Galaxy SIII (I think I9300). ROM seemed to install fine, but when it went to reboot, the phone won't turn on anymore. I only get a red charge light when I take out the battery and plug into computer. Nothing happens when I plug it in either besides a driver error.

So odin does not recognize it when you are in download mode?

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk