How to tell Odexed or DeOdexed?

jay28w

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Greetings all!!

Is there any sure fire way to tell whether a ROM is Odexed or DeOdexed, like looking at any files settings, etc?

Doesn't seem like all ROMs are documented equally, leaving some questions about some minor details here and there. Mind you, I'm not b1tching 'bout anything as I have been quite tickled by everyone's capabilities and willingness to assist. :D

Thanks for your help...
jay

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Greetings all!!

Is there any sure fire way to tell whether a ROM is Odexed or DeOdexed, like looking at any files settings, etc?

Doesn't seem like all ROMs are documented equally, leaving some questions about some minor details here and there. Mind you, I'm not b1tching 'bout anything as I have been quite tickled by everyone's capabilities and willingness to assist. :D

Thanks for your help...
jay

you need to use a file manager that will let you access root files such as ES explorere or root explorer.
look in the folder /system/app if you see any files that say .odex and .apk then you are still odexed. if you only see files that say .apk then you are deodexed.

jay28w

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
you need to use a file manager that will let you access root files such as ES explorere or root explorer.
look in the folder /system/app if you see any files that say .odex and .apk then you are still odexed. if you only see files that say .apk then you are deodexed.

Excellent, thanks for the info.

incognitoalias

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to add to an old post, but in the /system/app folder, each folder contains an .apk file and another folder called /arm and in that folder will be two files: appname.odex.art.xz and appname.odex.xz.

Does that mean I am or am not running a deodexed rom?

If it helps, I'm on a galaxy S4 I9505 running Lollipop stock rom I9505XXUHOA7_OXAHOA7.

Thanks for any advice!

Squall88uk

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to add to an old post, but in the /system/app folder, each folder contains an .apk file and another folder called /arm and in that folder will be two files: appname.odex.art.xz and appname.odex.xz.

Does that mean I am or am not running a deodexed rom?

If it helps, I'm on a galaxy S4 I9505 running Lollipop stock rom I9505XXUHOA7_OXAHOA7.

Thanks for any advice!

You have an odexed rom.

Juat in case you don't realise, I read over at XDA that the Samsung Lollipop Roms have been odexed differently than usual so be careful if you try to deodex it. It can be done but it's not done exactly the same as it would have been done before.