Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    jay28w's Avatar

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

    Default How to tell Odexed or DeOdexed?

    Greetings all!!

    Is there any sure fire way to tell whether a ROM is Odexed or DeOdexed, like looking at any files settings, etc?

    Doesn't seem like all ROMs are documented equally, leaving some questions about some minor details here and there. Mind you, I'm not b1tching 'bout anything as I have been quite tickled by everyone's capabilities and willingness to assist.

    Thanks for your help...
    jay
  2. #2  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,645 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for now

    Default Re: How to tell Odexed or DeOdexed?

    Quote Originally Posted by jay28w View Post
    Greetings all!!

    Is there any sure fire way to tell whether a ROM is Odexed or DeOdexed, like looking at any files settings, etc?

    Doesn't seem like all ROMs are documented equally, leaving some questions about some minor details here and there. Mind you, I'm not b1tching 'bout anything as I have been quite tickled by everyone's capabilities and willingness to assist.

    Thanks for your help...
    jay
    you need to use a file manager that will let you access root files such as ES explorere or root explorer.
    look in the folder /system/app if you see any files that say .odex and .apk then you are still odexed. if you only see files that say .apk then you are deodexed.
    jay28w and anon(5021) like this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    jay28w's Avatar

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to tell Odexed or DeOdexed?

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    you need to use a file manager that will let you access root files such as ES explorere or root explorer.
    look in the folder /system/app if you see any files that say .odex and .apk then you are still odexed. if you only see files that say .apk then you are deodexed.
    Excellent, thanks for the info.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: How to tell Odexed or DeOdexed?

    Sorry to add to an old post, but in the /system/app folder, each folder contains an .apk file and another folder called /arm and in that folder will be two files: appname.odex.art.xz and appname.odex.xz.

    Does that mean I am or am not running a deodexed rom?

    If it helps, I'm on a galaxy S4 I9505 running Lollipop stock rom I9505XXUHOA7_OXAHOA7.

    Thanks for any advice!
  5. #5  

    Default Re: How to tell Odexed or DeOdexed?

    Quote Originally Posted by incognitoalias View Post
    Sorry to add to an old post, but in the /system/app folder, each folder contains an .apk file and another folder called /arm and in that folder will be two files: appname.odex.art.xz and appname.odex.xz.

    Does that mean I am or am not running a deodexed rom?

    If it helps, I'm on a galaxy S4 I9505 running Lollipop stock rom I9505XXUHOA7_OXAHOA7.

    Thanks for any advice!
    You have an odexed rom.

    Juat in case you don't realise, I read over at XDA that the Samsung Lollipop Roms have been odexed differently than usual so be careful if you try to deodex it. It can be done but it's not done exactly the same as it would have been done before.

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone figure out how to select one or more words?
    By Cory Streater in forum Verizon Fascinate
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-17-2010, 04:52 PM
  2. How to tell if your phone is on or off
    By anicholas7 in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-16-2010, 11:13 AM
  3. odexed or deodexed?
    By Umass021 in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and Hacks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 06:22 PM
  4. How to tell if you rooted?
    By AllGood in forum Incredible Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 06:28 PM
  5. How to tell if Nexus has ATT or Tmobile bands?
    By scaots in forum Google / HTC Nexus One
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 01:45 AM

Posting Permissions