Unable to get computer and ODIN to recognize my Sprint S3

bigdgramps

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I have been working on this the last two days and I know that I must be screwing something up but I can't figure out what it may be.

I have a Sprint Galaxy S3 SPH-L710. I have loaded the samsung drivers on to my computer and connected my phone. I have down loaded ODIN 3 v3.04, clockworkmod.TAR, loaded the CWM_superuser_v3.0.7.zip onto the phone, set the phone up for USB debugging, disconnected the phone, shut it down, boot into the recovery mode, started ODIN, connected the phone to the computer using USB.

The computer recognizes the phone when I look at the devices and printer page, however, I do not see the phone in explorer and ODIN does not recognize that it is there. I have done a troubleshoot on the device page and it says all is fine. I am using Windows 7 (I gave up trying to use Windows and USB3).

What have I done wrong???

Ramer84015

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I have been working on this the last two days and I know that I must be screwing something up but I can't figure out what it may be.

I have a Sprint Galaxy S3 SPH-L710. I have loaded the samsung drivers on to my computer and connected my phone. I have down loaded ODIN 3 v3.04, clockworkmod.TAR, loaded the CWM_superuser_v3.0.7.zip onto the phone, set the phone up for USB debugging, disconnected the phone, shut it down, boot into the recovery mode, started ODIN, connected the phone to the computer using USB.

The computer recognizes the phone when I look at the devices and printer page, however, I do not see the phone in explorer and ODIN does not recognize that it is there. I have done a troubleshoot on the device page and it says all is fine. I am using Windows 7 (I gave up trying to use Windows and USB3).

Good troubleshooting so far. I would also recommend:

1) Reboot PC (You'd be surprised how often that simple fix will work)
2) Try a different USB port
3) Try a different USB cable.

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Also, you may want to ensure that you're using the samsung usb driver version 1.4.6.0. If you have that, then try deleting the samsung driver from the programs menu in control panel, turn off windows automatic driver update and re-install drivers without your phone plugged in. The newer versions of the sammy drivers bork the connection for some reason.

RazrMaxx1345

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site

Are you in recovery mode or download mode? You need to be in download mode for it to work! That is download mode on am s2, same basic idea as s3...
Look up for the s3 how to get into download mode, but for the s2 you hold down both volume buttons while connected to USB and it goes into it. I think it may be the same on the s3. If you are I'm fact already I'm download mode not recovery then this isn't your problem, but if you are in fact in recovery mode and not download...then that's your problem. Odin can't recognize a phone that's in recovery mode as far as I know.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363171587870.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363171587870.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 12