Sprint S3: Wicked Sensations 5.0

dsx968

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Wicked Sensations 4.1

WS 4.0 to anakonda 4.0. It's been so long since there was a new anakonda so I went with that over WS 4.1.
I tried the number thing so I'll have to wait and see on that.
Since I have the MD4 version that's the modem I should be using right?
If nothing changes I'll flash 4.1 later today and see if that helps.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

The AnaKonda theme is available on WS 4.1. Since you seem to be having a little trouble with your phone, I suggest you do a full wipe before you flash 4.1. Then go in the updater and under themes download AnaKonda 4.0. If you would like, wipe cache and dalvik before you flash the theme. Hopefully the factory reset will get everything straightened out, and in addition you will have the most recent version of WS with the AnaKonda theme. If you are still having trouble consider trying what I suggested above.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Not so much a problem with wicked 4.1 but with the new anakonda theme.
Since I flashed it my reception has been horrible in places where it used to be just fine. I didn't do a full wipe since I flashed over wicked 4.0. Is there a new modem or anything I'm missing?
View attachment 71233

Nothing in the theme can possible do anything to your reception. There are only images and color hex code edits. There is no way possible for a theme like anakonda to effect your reception.

Perhaps Sprint is having issues with the towers you are connecting to. It happens. Just because you had good signal there before doesn't mean something else couldn't be happening. Have you tried to update your prl and profile?

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

Anywhere I can see the rom in action like a YouTube video? Or screen shots? I was also wondering what size sd cards you guys have i want to try this rom out but I have one or two on sd card but seems like taking up so much memory lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

Anywhere I can see the rom in action like a YouTube video? Or screen shots? I was also wondering what size sd cards you guys have i want to try this rom out but I have one or two on sd card but seems like taking up so much memory lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

As for SD card size, that's really up to you how you want to manage your space. Just because you put the ROM on your SD card to flash it doesn't mean you need to keep it on there after. The only recommendation I might add is that if you don't have a micro sd adapter, have a good backup on your card just in case.

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

oh cool ok good yeah your right i dont need to keep it there. I do have a micro sd adapter great idea. Thank you. Im still trying to figure out the trick when you flash a new rom you have to, well i have been, re downloading all the apps and re configuring home screens and stuff. I have not mastered how to not have to do that all the time lol

Thank you for your help

dsx968

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

I didn't think so but I just wanted to check.
I did a full wipe and flashed WS 4.1 this afternoon so I'll see if there is any change.
I do know that there are more LTE spots popping up around my area even though it hasn't been officially launched yet. Maybe that's screwing with it.

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

oh cool ok good yeah your right i dont need to keep it there. I do have a micro sd adapter great idea. Thank you. Im still trying to figure out the trick when you flash a new rom you have to, well i have been, re downloading all the apps and re configuring home screens and stuff. I have not mastered how to not have to do that all the time lol

Thank you for your help

Use Titanium Backup so you don't have to download all your apps again. In addition, your apps will be at the same progress they were in before you wiped. For example, you can restore and your games will be right where you left them, without having to start all over. A great guide can be found here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=192528

It explains how to back up and restore your apps. It also explains how to make a flashable zip, but I have never done that. All I do is after a clean flash, I go to the Play Store, stop all apps from auto downloading, install Titanium Backup only, and then restore.

As for configuring home screens, launchers such as Apex and Nova allow you to make backups and restore them. I'm not positive about Nova, but widgets do not restore on Apex. This is something I've tried, but never really use.

Last edited:

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

I didn't think so but I just wanted to check.
I did a full wipe and flashed WS 4.1 this afternoon so I'll see if there is any change.
I do know that there are more LTE spots popping up around my area even though it hasn't been officially launched yet. Maybe that's screwing with it.

That is a good possibility. Where they are upgrading the towers can definitely cause issues while being worked on.

sent from my GS3 running Wicked

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

Use Titanium Backup so you don't have to download all your apps again. In addition, your apps will be at the same progress they were in before you wiped. For example, you can restore and your games will be right where you left them, without having to start all over. A great guide can be found here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=192528

It explains how to back up and restore your apps. It also explains how to make a flashable zip, but I have never done that. All I do is after a clean flash, I go to the Play Store, stop all apps from auto downloading, install Titanium Backup only, and then restore.

As for configuring home screens, launchers such as Apex and Nova allow you to make backups and restore them. I'm not positive about Nova, but widgets do not restore on Apex. This is something I've tried, but never really use.

ok awesome will try that now with a new nightly cm10.1 rom Thank you very much for your help.

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

The most recent version of Google+ can be found in the Updated Apps section of the updater. Dazed is still working on YouTube.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

Thanks Kieth. Been a long week with this all star stuff. One more week of practice then first game a week from tomorrow.

sent from my GS3 running Wicked

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

The red theme is almost finished. I'll let everyone know when it's available.

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

Red inverted Google Music, Dropbox, Chrome, Play Store, and Google Now can now be downloaded from the thread in the link above.

dsx968

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

Loving the new red theme. Big thanks to Dazed and everyone else who worked on this. :beer:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon