trouble connecting with sprint hacked hot spot

macmov

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I ran wifi tether with no problems, upgraded to wicked sensation 4.1 MD4 now I can connect with sprint hotspot hack but no internet. Something I really really need on the road. I have been working on this for a few days now and still no go. Help would be greatly appreciated. Anybody??

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
First, when you went to 4.1 did you do a clean install?

Have you configured the hot spot?

Sent from my GS3 sporting Wicked Sensations...

macmov

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from 3.1 so I skipped the factory reset, but did a cache and delvac wipe.not sure what I have to do on the cofigure, looks like I just need to enter my phone number in the password which is there. I do connect but no internet

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded from 3.1 so I skipped the factory reset, but did a cache and delvac wipe.not sure what I have to do on the cofigure, looks like I just need to enter my phone number in the password which is there. I do connect but no internet

Hate to make you go back through everything. But I would recommend doing a fully clean install. Factory reset and wipes. There is a real good chance that will fix it.

As far as configuring, I always change the name and passcode. Prolly doesn't make difference, but wouldn't hurt to try.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm using MOAR, but I think that's using the same hotspot mode. I had to specify the MAC addresses of the devices I wanted to tether. On that ROM, with the app running, I tap Allowed devices on the main screen and enter the MAC address there.

HTH.

macmov

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
yea that worked,thanks should have done a factory reset in the first place just didn't want to go through the trouble. How do I know the sprint hotspot is working right and I am not getting monitored or billed from sprint? Don't want any surprises come the end of the month.

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
yea that worked,thanks should have done a factory reset in the first place just didn't want to go through the trouble. How do I know the sprint hotspot is working right and I am not getting monitored or billed from sprint? Don't want any surprises come the end of the month.

Just turn it on an go. No your not gonna get any surprises. Ran the same type of hack on my old evo.

Antgareau

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the new HTC one from sprint. How exactly do I access my WiFi hotspot for free. I have tried multiples apps, but still am unable to access data. Can someone help me?

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the new HTC one from sprint. How exactly do I access my WiFi hotspot for free. I have tried multiples apps, but still am unable to access data. Can someone help me?

First and foremost your phone has to be rooted. Second you need to find the HTC One forums, this one is for the Galaxy S3.

sent from my GS3 running Wicked

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Where can I get that GS3 hot spot hack from? I'm using the Treve mod Wi-Fi Tether app and I have to reboot every time I'm done using hot spot.

From the DARK AC App!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781