[SOLVED] Flashed International ROM to Sprint S3. Hard Bricked?

Nickthaquick

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Regret that my first post is due to careless stupidity. Have had the Sprint S3 SPH L710 for about 2 months. Rooted then tried to flash the Omega ROM. Downloaded the International ROM instead of the Sprint version. No signs of life at all. Power + Volume Up/Down + Home does not work. Odin does not recognize it. LED only lights up when battery is removed and USB connected.

Have tried several random suggestions. Nothing seems to work. I'm sure this has happened before and i apologize for duplicating this. Should I give up and send it in for JTag service or is there any hope?

Appreciate any help you can provide.

Edit: Disregard this post. There is currently no other way to unbrick a hard bricked S3 other than JTAG or sending in to Samsung/carrier for repair.

Last edited:

nvan7891

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Now the [SOLVED] actually belongs in the title.

Edit: Disregard this post. There is currently no other way to unbrick a hard bricked S3 other than JTAG or sending in to Samsung/carrier for repair.

Yeah, no, there is a non-JTAG way. Appears to work 99% of the time, and only requires a halfway decent 16gb sd card. Also, I don't really think "send it out for repairs" counts as [SOLVED], just as buying a whole new phone wouldn't be considered "solving" the issue you had with the original one.

[content deleted by moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
It's great to post helpful information, but is it really necessary to insult the forum as well? In case the answer isn't clear: No.

Thread has been cleaned up.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Re: Now the [SOLVED] actually belongs in the title.

Yeah, no, there is a non-JTAG way. Appears to work 99% of the time, and only requires a halfway decent 16gb sd card. Also, I don't really think "send it out for repairs" counts as [SOLVED], just as buying a whole new phone wouldn't be considered "solving" the issue you had with the original one.

[content deleted by moderator]

Note that the posts above yours were written BEFORE the methods you refer to were developed. At the time of writing, the posts were correct in that there was no known way to fix a bricked phone other than by JTAG. Nice first post, by the way. NOT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol