Status 7 error when flashing cm 10.1.0 (PLEASE HELP)!!!!

ruckussjr12

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
First thanks to everyone who knows more than I do because I am so stuck right now. I am trying to instill the new stable verison of CM 10.1 0. I keep getting a States 7 error. Then Installation aborted. I have looked for a Solution in all the forums I could think of but I am lost. Can Someone direct me either to an already posted Solution or help me figure out what I Am doing wrong.

I have re-downloaded the update but still says status 7.

I hope this is enough info

I am on sprint I have a galaxy-S3 and I am downloading the version for my carrier and device,

THANKS!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app

ruckussjr12

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
The problem is I rooted my phone a long time ago, when I first got it I have an older version of clockworkMod, and its not recognizing my phone as the correct one for the ROM. I have to update the version or remove some lines from the code of the program to get it to not think I have the wrong version of phone. I haven't actually tired it yet because now I am trying to figure out how to update clockwork without ruining my phone. But ill get there. I will update with exactly what I did when I figure it all out.

Any one know how to update to the latest version of clockwork without ruining my phone btw?

ruckussjr12

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok sooo here's where I am at now... I decided I need to try to un-root my phone, just because i have been having some charging issues and may need to go to sprint and complain. Wont get me anywhere cause I am out of warranty now, but who knows maybe they will fix my pins anyway. SO to get the updated version I just un-rooted, and did a factory wipe, removed my data and re-rooted with the updated version.

I found all of the guides to do that here in this wonderful forum. Now I am going to try to re-flash 10.1.0 and see if it will run like it should. If not well then who knows where I will go next. But at least for now I feel like I've made some progress.

UPDATED! - after i finally downloaded the updated version of GAAPS (man that took forever), and then re-flashed the updated version it worked! NO MORE STATUS 7 ERROR!!!! YAY. ok so now to go play around and see whats new with this version.

Last edited:

Christopher Matthews Jr

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
If you bring in the phone, be sure to reset the FLASH COUNTER. Most techs will check that now, and if yours is over 1, they will know you have modified your phone.

I use the application Triangle Away.

Tapped from my Nexus 10.1

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000