no rom no data no cach only recovery mode

Chaz Mccusker

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I updated the software on my phone and got a head of my self and had no idea what the hell i was doing. but that being said i downloaded the rom for the worng carrier so thier for it would not work on my phone properly. so i went into recovery mode and with out know what i was doing or what anything ment when i was doing it. I formatted my system my data my cache i mean Everything and then i went in and did a factory reset. which im pretty sure has almost completely deleted everything from my phone. as of right now all i can do is get into download mode and into recovery mode. PLEASE HELP!!! ANY ONE!!!!

Last edited:

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Which recovery are using? I know with twrp you can mount the phone and transfer a ROM over and flash. Just make sure it is for your specific phone.

sent from my GS3 running Wicked

Chaz Mccusker

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
@seanskiT1 I'm using CWM-based Recovery v5.5.0.4. I was kinda thinking that I could do that and i tried but wasnt successful with odin. what do you mean exactly when you say mount phone?

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I second this, I've asked this on other forums and thus far I have not found a solution.

Breathe. Stay calm. It will work out. I'm not familiar with Odin, however with adb you can transfer the file to Cwm. See, when you went into clockwork mod, you should have only performed a factory reset. Where you went wrong is formatting the sdcard folder that contained the ROM zip.

So there should be a way to transfer the zip and then flash. Let me take a look.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

Chaz Mccusker

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
@ne0ne so i went and downloaded abd but im getting confused on how i transfer a custom ROM into CWM. if you have any suggestion please let me know.

Chaz Mccusker

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
@meyerweb I apologize I should of given more information. i want to thank everyone for there input and suggestions. @meyerweb I tried your suggestion with going back to unroot and return to stock rom but i couldnt figure out how to get triangleway onto my phone sense im not able to use my phone at all. any suggestions. and if i left any details out I do apologize.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
And I should have thought it through more. Triangle away isn't necessary to get back to stock. Without triangle away, the flash count will show greater than 0, but if you can get into download mode you should still be able to reinstall the stock ROM. Then you can reroot, install triangle away, and reset the flash count afterwards.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2