installed trinity kernel, phone does some wierd things when it boots.

tooandrew

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
so i installed the trinity kernel 3.4 version on one of the more recent nightlies of carbonROM, and when the phone boots up (note, this is the first time i've even managed to get this far in the process), only half of the screen is being used and everything is very pink. is this because i am on a 4.3.1 rom that is running a 3.4.62 kernel? or is it because i didnt do it on a fresh installation of my ROM? what can i do to fix this? find a 4.3 rom, maybe? advice

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
so i installed the trinity kernel 3.4 version on one of the more recent nightlies of carbonROM, and when the phone boots up (note, this is the first time i've even managed to get this far in the process), only half of the screen is being used and everything is very pink. is this because i am on a 4.3.1 rom that is running a 3.4.62 kernel? or is it because i didnt do it on a fresh installation of my ROM? what can i do to fix this? find a 4.3 rom, maybe? advice

You have several options:
1. Restore your backup of your ROM.
2. Reflash the original custom ROM, doing a clean install.
3. Flashing any other ROM. Only reason I suggest this (and this is just me) when I ran Carbon, I liked it, but my S3 was doing a soft reboot at least once a day. And I was on their most stable version.

tooandrew

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
i updated to the newest carbonROM nightly, and it works now, though it doesnt work with one from the 17th of last month. go figure. it was the BMS kernel actually

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
i updated to the newest carbonROM nightly, and it works now, though it doesnt work with one from the 17th of last month. go figure. it was the BMS kernel actually

That is the downside to nightlies. They can have significant bugs.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app