Recovery fix here!

DaisFlaque

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
So cnexus has saved our bottoms when we have a new L710(d2spr). Some just won't mount storage. Link...xda-developers - View Single Post - [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.6.3.0 touch recovery [2013-09-16]

If your no good at ADB than heres some Odin-able packages..Odin and drivers can be found at bottem of post.. These are .tar files flashable in Odin. I am not responsible for what you flash to your device... CWM= Dev-Host - recovery.tar.md5 - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

TWRP=Dev-Host - recovery.tar.md5 - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Odin:http://k0nane.info/rom/ecm/Odin3-v3.04.zip
Drivers(D2spr/Sph-L710 ONLY!: Support - Sprint Cell Phones SPH-L710 | Samsung Cell Phones

Last edited:

MaXXimus

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: New recoverys for S3's that wont mount sdcards.

The updated Odin files are located here too. Skunkape's thread on how to root the GS3 has updated recoveries for new GS3s.

DaisFlaque

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

Thanks I just thought having a thread set to this with a clear title so people can find it easily.

MaXXimus

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

Thanks I just thought having a thread set to this with a clear title so people can find it easily.

Another quick update on the recoveries. People with newer GS3s can safely install TWRP version 2.6.3.0. The latest version, 2.6.3.1, does not mount the storage partitions. If I recall correctly. Skunkape's thread has version 2.6.0.0 (which works just fine too). I'm unsure about the compatibility of the versions between 2.6.0.0 and 2.6.3.0, so if you're adventurous just make sure you have access to Odin (either on your computer or Mobile Odin) to reflash a working recovery.

I haven't messed around with CWM recovery since I first rooted so I can't say which versions of that will work.

I've also heard that Philz recovery is a good alternative and can save backups in both CWM and TWRP formats. I may give it a whirl, but I need to do some more research before taking the plunge.

DaisFlaque

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

Phils recovery works great but I did not sure about the recoveries and format compatibility. The new jrummy app Roman installer flashes recovery from the os. And cm11 WILL NOT flash on anything but the newest cwm and twrp. I'm not sure if these modded ones are compatible.

DaisFlaque

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

Hey if you could shoot me a few links I'll test em and put em up. I've got a newer s3 and can test functionality cuz my girls got an older one.

tooandrew

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm unsure what that is, forgive my ignorance. Is that uncompiled code for a modded version of the newest recovery, or...? If so, is there a compiled version? A zip, or an odin flashable tar? Even something to push via adb? I have had issues with adb but I'm sure I can figure it out.

Posted via my Sprint Galaxy s3 (new model, unfortunately); rooted, overclocked and undervolted, with 7000 mah zerolemon extended battery, running carbon jb 4.3.1 nightly build 11/17 & dkp 3.4.70 kernel

lovebug170

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

trying to find twrp 2.6.3.1 download link -- twrp website only lists up to 2.6.3.0..???

edit: never mind, found it, finally! :confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance