Sprint S3: Phone Security preventing root

laceylee1881

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I just rooted my galaxy s3 Sph L710 with Odin and it says it passed. But a security notification keeps telling me about a unauthorized access that it blocked. Super SU is on my phone but it keeps closing.How do I shut down the security? Im very new to this. Ive googled this and cannot find any information that tells me how to get rid of the security.

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Knox is built into the bootloader. It blocks root attempts and flashing anything that isn't the official 4.3 firmware
It can't be removed at the moment, even with root :(

Posted via Android Central App

laceylee1881

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Phone Security preventing root

No :(
Can't downgrade either, this whole Knox thing is kind of ridiculous...

Yes I agree. Its pretty ridiculous all the apps that they make stuck on your phone. Now they have a security program that is mandatory to use -_-

newbroot83

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Yes I agree. Its pretty ridiculous all the apps that they make stuck on your phone. Now they have a security program that is mandatory to use -_-

What root method did you use. Just by using google I have found a couple of ways to root and block knox without tripping the knox counter.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

What root method did you use. Just by using google I have found a couple of ways to root and block knox without tripping the knox counter.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I believe Kingo root works for the Sprint S3. Still no recoveries though. OP, why do you need root?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo