Returning to stock ROM [Sprint] on Cyanogenmod 11 to Ting Mobile

Pablo Escobar1

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Im very confused. I have been reading for 3-5 hours because im afraid i might do something wrong and know nothing about this stuff and this is my first smartphone.

I bought a used Sprint Galaxy s3 that had cyanogenmod 11 installed and to make the switch to ting mobile i have to follow these steps https://help.ting.com/entries/23169888-Activation-for-your-Samsung-Device This apparently cant be done in Cyanogenmod 11 from what i gathered so i have to revert back to Stock Rom.

Before i knew anything about KNOX what i was originally going to do was download firmware 4.3 (another i could understand was why there were two 4.3's??) from Firmwares | SamMobile for my SPH-L710. But then like i said before there was this thing called KNOX. After searching some i found this. [STOCK ROM] Stock 4.3 MK3 ROM [ROOTED/UNROOTED] - xda-developers .

One of the reasons i didnt just flash was because i looked at "About Phone" which said "Adroid Version 4.4.2" so i made me a little uneasy since 4.3 and up was suppose to have knox right? but when i went to the settings>apps>all i didnt see any KNOX? That confused me. And then eventually i stumbled onto something that CNexus from XDA made bundled with other developers in some sort of simple package deal, but when i was browsing through it i saw mentions of bugs with things such as toggles. So that got me thinking that if i just avoided all this and tried to install 4.1.2 firmware if i do not infact have knox hidden away somewhere in the bootloader that will cause problems i could just install it using ODEN? I also messed a little around with the ROM Manger and was thinking maybe to make it easier i can somehow drag and drop the files to my phone wherever the backup and restore is and do it that way to get to stock? but i was a little hessitant because one i was sure if i had to do anything else on top of this, and two there seems like there was an easier way of just putting the files onto a SD Card but the only thing is that i have none until a couple days when it comes in the mail?

So should i just download 4.1.2. from Firmwares | SamMobile and use oden to return it back to stock so i can complete the activation process for Ting? The "Carrier Wipe, and Profile & PRL update are required."? Following this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1424997 to do it? or this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ipvmjE4PBo ?

Phone Details:
Model number SPH-L710
Android Version 4.4.2
Baseband Version L710VPUCKMK3
Kernal Version 3.4.74-cyanogenmod-gd298491build03@cyanogenmod#1 Fri Jan 10 23:17:02 PST 2014
CyanogenMod Version 11.0-20140111
Build Number cm_d2spr-userdebug 4.4.2 KOT49H-20140111

Last edited:

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully someone that knows more about flashing to other carriers than I do will chime in. But I don't think you have to go all the way back to stock. I think if you were to flash a touch wiz based ROM then you should be able to do what you need to.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Sorry I didn’t see this sooner. I hope it’s not too late.

First, let me know if I understand correctly: You’ve never installed the Stock 4.3 firmware from Sammobile, correct? Assuming you’ve not installed an OEM version of 4.3, you probably don’t have Knox installed. Custom ROM developers generally remove Knox from their work. I’m sure CM doesn’t have Knox included.

I don’t know about flashing to another carrier, I’m afraid, but as far as flashing back to stock:

If you’re still on CM11, and never flashed the stock 4.3, you should be able to install 4.1.2 from Odin. There is one catch, though. When you went from a 4.1 ROM to 4.4, the file structure of internal storage changed, and I don’t think if flashing 4.1.2 will change that back. It shouldn’t cause any major problems though. This thread will explain what I’m talking about:
[Info] Flashed 4.2? Can't find your /sdcard data? - xda-developers

Be very careful with ROM Manager. It’s not very good at making sure the ROM you’re flashing is made for your (Sprint) phone. More than a few people have killed their phones with ROM manager. There’s a reason some people call it ROM Manger. I would just use Odin to flash the Sammobile file directly.

Be sure to use Triangle Away first to reset the flash counter. Skunkape’s thread on unrooting will explain everything you need to do. Just use the 4.1.2 file from Sammobile instead of the older one he links to in this thread:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...-30-2012-sprint-only-unroot-return-stock.html