strange voice "1, 2, 1, 2 check, check"

joecho5

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I was watching a video on MX player on my S3 with MOAR v8 and I hear a man's voice like he's testing a microphone "1, 2, 1, 2 check, check". I had some problems with my phone so I wanted to go back to a back up. when loading twrp, I can still hear the voice. what gives ?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Do you always here the voice when watching that video? Or when using MX player? Do you here it when you're not using that app or watching that video?

Since you're rooted, are you running a custom ROM, or still the stock ROM?

joecho5

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm rooted, running MOAR v8 custom Rom. that voice was not from mx player or the file. I even heard it when I booted to recovery! I haven't heard it before or since.

joecho5

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I know for certain the voice was coming from my headphones connected to my rooted S3. I am assuming now that it is possible for a third party to activate the audio out on my phone.

joecho5

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
it happened again! I got a lot of chatter. this time i was listening to an audio book. I heard a guy talking about just getting his ham radio test completed. he said his name was triple 3 mad dog. I couldn't hear the other guy.

how is my s3 picking up ham radio? ?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Using headphones? Headphones can act as a radio antenna. In fact, phones with FM radios use the headphones as the antenna. I'd guess the ham operator is very close by, using a rig with lots of power, and your wires are picking it up and transferring it to the speakers in the 'phones.

If it becomes a frequent problem, you can call the FCC. It's the radio operator's legal responsibility to make sure his rig doesn't cause interference.

DaisFlaque

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I totally agree with meyerweb. I believe this is either a wideband CB or ham transmitted with a ton of power or somehow being amplified with metal walls or buildings close by. By chance were these events at or near the same location?

Just like meyerweb.. I see the headphones as a dead giveaway.

Edit: I just reread you posts.. I think there may be a hardware problem. The only way it can transmit the signal it picks up to your headphones is if it understands how to.. right? Well if you were hearing anything in recovery... there's a big problem.. as far as I know there is no sound driver in cwm/twrp... let alone a third party driver for headphones....

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't think it needs any software for this to happen at all. The headphones by themselves (possibly even if not connected to the phone) can do this. The ear speakers have coils and magnets in them that can be activated by the Ham radio and demodulate the sound. From time to time, you read about someone picks up radio broadcasts through the fillings in their teeth. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad