Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Need to Unroot from 4.3!

    I tried to root my Galaxy S3 on 4.3 and everything seemed to go well until I realized that this KNOX thing is blocking superuser and I cannot uninstall it. Is there a way right now to Unroot without bricking my phone?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Need to Unroot from 4.3!

    If you follow the instructions in this post, you should be able to remain rooted and have SuperSU.

    http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...ml#post3316246

    If that doesn't help, then yes it's possible to unroot, but the Knox indicator has already been tripped, so Sprint and Samsung will be able to tell that you were rooted at some point, and there's no way to reset that. If you still want to unroot, let me know and I'll try to help you through it. I'm working about 14 hours a day right now, so please be patient. I don't get a chance to check back here very often.
  3. #3  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,178 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

    Default Re: Need to Unroot from 4.3!

    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    If you follow the instructions in this post, you should be able to remain rooted and have SuperSU.

    http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...ml#post3316246

    If that doesn't help, then yes it's possible to unroot, but the Knox indicator has already been tripped, so Sprint and Samsung will be able to tell that you were rooted at some point, and there's no way to reset that. If you still want to unroot, let me know and I'll try to help you through it. I'm working about 14 hours a day right now, so please be patient. I don't get a chance to check back here very often.
    That would work for rooting. He wants to unroot the phone.

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
  4. #4  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,178 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

    Default Re: Need to Unroot from 4.3!

    Flashing stock firmware will unroot the phone. You can try checking sammobile or samsung-updates.com for the file

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Need to Unroot from 4.3!

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    That would work for rooting. He wants to unroot the phone.

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    He said he wants to unroot because his root was unsuccessful. I showed him a way to root successfully, which I assume was what he wanted to do in the first place.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Need to Unroot from 4.3!

    I'm on rooted 4.3 which I flashed with all those knox removers and "wifi fixes" etc. I'm going to be selling the phone soon and would like to unroot before selling it and returning to stock. How do I go about unrooting? I saw on the unrooting thread something that you can hard brick the phone if unrooting from 4.3. So what are my options?
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Need to Unroot from 4.3!

    Hi,

    Where you able to unroot your phone? I am trying to unroot my galaxy s4 with 4.3 back to stock. Your help is greatly appreciated!

    Thanks!

    JC
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Need to Unroot from 4.3!

    Quote Originally Posted by adlebo View Post
    I'm on rooted 4.3 which I flashed with all those knox removers and "wifi fixes" etc. I'm going to be selling the phone soon and would like to unroot before selling it and returning to stock. How do I go about unrooting? I saw on the unrooting thread something that you can hard brick the phone if unrooting from 4.3. So what are my options?
    You just need to flash a stock version of 4.3 using Odin. The warning in the unrooting thread here is because it references an older ROM, and flashing an older ROM over 4.3 (or 4.4) will brick your phone. You should be able to find the correct ROM on SAMMobile, here:

    Firmwares | SamMobile

    Enter the model number of your phone and the other requested information on that page.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Need to Unroot from 4.3!

    I'm trying to unroot my Galaxy S4, so that I can sell it and the only firmware that I see are 4.2 and 4.4. Should I use 4.4 or is there a different place to get 4.3?

Similar Threads

  1. Can I recover/retrieve old text messages from broken phone?
    By ZGman in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-29-2015, 07:41 AM
  2. How to install custom ROM on AT&T Galaxy S4 4.3 UCUEMK2?
    By Arvind Muthukrishnan1 in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-19-2014, 01:40 PM
  3. 10.1 not responding to finger
    By rome58 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-19-2014, 03:23 AM
  4. Blocking news sources from Newstand.
    By tonyr6 in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 04:14 PM
  5. Screen Blue To Black
    By Justhere4today in forum AT&T Galaxy S II
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 04:04 PM

Posting Permissions