[Help] Accidental Virgin to Sprint Switch. (Galaxy s3) [4.3]

Trent Bouska

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
So I decided I would mess around with my Galaxy s3 (4.3) and of course I clicked a few things I was not supposed to click. After a little I managed to soft brick my phone, but was later able to fix with Sprint (what a friend did for me). Most features do not work, I would like to know if anyone could help me through this and get me back to a stock Virgin Mobile 4.3. I don't know what you need but I will try to tell you what you need to know. And my friend was unable to help me switch back to Virgin just so some of you know..

My once Virgin Mobile Baseband-L710VPUBMK5

But now that I am on sprint it's.
Baseband version-L710VPUCMK3

I would like to thank anyone that could help me out with this because of how much I have screwed up. :-\

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So I decided I would mess around with my Galaxy s3 (4.3) and of course I clicked a few things I was not supposed to click. After a little I managed to soft brick my phone, but was later able to fix with Sprint (what a friend did for me). Most features do not work, I would like to know if anyone could help me through this and get me back to a stock Virgin Mobile 4.3. I don't know what you need but I will try to tell you what you need to know. And my friend was unable to help me switch back to Virgin just so some of you know..

My once Virgin Mobile Baseband-L710VPUBMK5

But now that I am on sprint it's.
Baseband version-L710VPUCMK3

I would like to thank anyone that could help me out with this because of how much I have screwed up. :-\

Welcome to the forums.
I think if you flashed the proper ROM in Odin, that should fix everything. Now the question is where to get the files, as one of the biggest file sharing site Hotfile, was shut down a few months ago.

Trent Bouska

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
It's not a problem I will just have to keep searching and hopefully run across one that works for me.
*EDIT* I have managed to find a file and have made it back to Virgin Mobile thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It's not a problem I will just have to keep searching and hopefully run across one that works for me.
*EDIT* I have managed to find a file and have made it back to Virgin Mobile thanks for the help!

Glad you are up and running again. Where did you find the file?

enforcer7769

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
so look I,m not real savy with computers but I have a GS3 that is SPRINT and I need it virgin mobile can you explain it to a laymen format or step by step PLEASE

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
so look I,m not real savy with computers but I have a GS3 that is SPRINT and I need it virgin mobile can you explain it to a laymen format or step by step PLEASE

Just flashing a Virgin Mobile ROM will not help you achieve what you're trying to do. That's an entire different process, one that I'm not sure whether I can talk about or not here so I won't. Not to sound like a ******, but Google is really your friend in this case.

Paul Chenkus

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I tried running the file you linked. The process fails every time when flashing with odin while loading the system file. Any help would be appreciated.

Trent Bouska

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Can you provide me with a little info on what you tried to do and what happened before you needed the file.
I needed the file when I accidentally changed it to Sprint when I loaded the wrong file off Odin.
Now I can't help you much as I have not touched Odin or a computer since as I lost it to a HDD failure but I will give it a shot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX