- 5 Posts
Question regarding updating to Kit Kat with a custom rom
I'm a noob but I will try to explain this as best as I can....I have Rom Manager installed on my S3 with Clockworkmod installed (22.214.171.124), I'm still on Android 4.1.2 as well. I was wondering if I can install the update that keeps popping up on my phone without ruining the tethering ability that is built in to Clockworkmod. I have been reading some of the other posts on here and it sounds like I can but I wanted to confirm that I am understanding things correctly. Thanks for the help.
- 03-03-2014, 09:21 PM #2
Re: Question regarding updating to Kit Kat with a custom rom
Assuming that the update that keeps popping up is Android 4.3, then there are two things to understand:
First, it probably won't actually download and install. The OTA pretty much requires a completely stock device to work.
Second, if by some chance it did work, then yes, it would almost certainly clobber your tethering.
- By granttrotter in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 03-09-2014, 02:53 PM
- By lattemaker in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4Replies: 4Last Post: 03-06-2014, 05:23 PM
- By perithimus in forum AccessoriesReplies: 2Last Post: 03-04-2014, 06:13 PM
- By StraTTtheRipper in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 03-03-2014, 06:04 PM
- By DaveyXXX in forum Android AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 03-03-2014, 05:58 PM