- 10 Posts
Is there a way to use custom ROMs after upgrading OTA to 4.3?
I accidentally upgraded from 4.2 to 4.3 OTA after trying to dismiss Samsung/Sprints stupid update notification.
Unfortunately after trying to root in vain I found out about the Knox app (obnoxious) and the Knox bootloader (pure evil).
I know that most ROMs require a custom recovery like CWM, and that Knox prevents the bootloader from being modified as well.
The question is, is there ANY progress on completely removing Knox's bootloader/installing custom recoveries with Knox in place?
Or is there any way to install a custom ROM once 4.2 is updated OTA?
Sorry if this has been posted before, although I've been doing in depth searches for weeks and haven't found anything substantial except a small post on XDA-forums.
- 03-25-2014, 02:39 PM #2
Re: Is there a way to use custom ROMs after upgrading OTA to 4.3?
See post # 30, here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...t-4-3-a-2.html
This will get you rooted with a custom recovery, and you can then flash custom ROMs.
- By lonegreywolf20 in forum LG G2Replies: 11Last Post: 11-22-2014, 02:15 PM
- By HOLLYWOODANT215 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 116Last Post: 06-15-2014, 09:56 AM
- By gw5htc in forum HTC One SVReplies: 1Last Post: 04-23-2014, 01:39 PM
- By Omer San Gabriel in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 03-27-2014, 11:09 AM
- By TutorPros1 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 03-26-2014, 12:12 PM