Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Forgot what I'm doing

Hey guys..It's been a while since I rooted and Im completely out of the loop and cant get to thinking on the steps again.
    I have a S3 on sprint. I kept it stock rooted. At some point I updated to 4.1.2 and I believe for whatever reason I went back to stock recovery...if that makes sense.

What would my next steps be to update to the newest. 4.3 -4.4? do i need to install cwm again .... im literally brain dead

thank you for any help

Global Posts
    1,460 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Default Re: Forgot what I'm doing

Quote Originally Posted by nhbmark View Post
    Hey guys..It's been a while since I rooted and Im completely out of the loop and cant get to thinking on the steps again.
    I have a S3 on sprint. I kept it stock rooted. At some point I updated to 4.1.2 and I believe for whatever reason I went back to stock recovery...if that makes sense.

What would my next steps be to update to the newest. 4.3 -4.4? do i need to install cwm again .... im literally brain dead

thank you for any help
    Do you care about KNOX? If not, you can just flash back to stock unrooted using ODIN and take the OTA.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by thenameisnigel View Post
    Do you care about KNOX? If not, you can just flash back to stock unrooted using ODIN and take the OTA.

Refresh me.. KNOX is what lets them know I rooted correct ? and if so no I dont care. Do you think this is the best route? just unroot update...then reroot?

Global Posts
    1,460 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by nhbmark View Post
    Refresh me.. KNOX is what lets them know I rooted correct ? and if so no I dont care. Do you think this is the best route? just unroot update...then reroot?
    KNOX also bricks your phone if you try to use ODIN to revert to a former version.

DaisFlaque likes this.

Global Posts
    1,460 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Here's the link to the stock 4.3 update without KNOX: [STOCK ROM] Stock 4.3 MK3 ROM [ROOTED/UNROOTED] - xda-developers.

Don't forget to read the directions as there are two more zips you have to flash.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by thenameisnigel View Post
    Here's the link to the stock 4.3 update without KNOX: [STOCK ROM] Stock 4.3 MK3 ROM [ROOTED/UNROOTED] - xda-developers.

Don't forget to read the directions as there are two more zips you have to flash.

Thank you for your help...im sure ill be back...:{