- 360 Posts
Prepping the Sammy to be sold
Next week, when the time comes, I'll be saying goodbye to the Sammy 3. Obviously I don't want ANYTHING on the phone that's *mine* when I sell it.
Rooted, running MOAR and TWRP.
So, in recovery, do I want to "format data"?
Then after, wipe, wipe, and install the rom from the sd card?
Or, I see something about factory reset?
- 04-02-2014, 08:57 PM #2
Re: Prepping the Sammy to be sold
First log out of all your Google accounts via Settings/Accounts & Sync (or similar name).
Next remove all important pics, etc off your internal storage.
Reboot into your custom recovery/TWRP.
Use the WIPE option/ Factory Reset which will wipe everything clean short of your internal storage.
You can technically erase by hand anything in your internal storage and when the device reboots it will repopulate the necessary items. Just don't log back into anything when prompted with the Setup Wizard at first boot.
- 04-05-2014, 06:02 PM #4
- By StylinProfilin in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 15Last Post: 12-01-2014, 04:53 PM
- By nekibo in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 4Last Post: 11-15-2014, 06:01 PM
- By cab2 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 3Last Post: 04-06-2014, 06:19 PM
- By nekibo in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 04-03-2014, 11:36 PM
- By fastcarve in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2Replies: 6Last Post: 04-03-2014, 05:56 AM